Big Basin Vineyards - Club Discount & Shipping Included

BIG BASIN VINEYARDS - Santa Cruz & Gabilan Mountains - Club Discount & Shipping Included

Hello Berserkers,

We are excited to be participating in our fifth Berserker Day. While many of you have tried our wines in the past, many have not tried them recently and with no doubt there has been an evolution of style over the years. Our sensibilities are definitely more ‘old world’ now with a preference for energy and verve in the wines. Many have whole cluster (100% on the Pinots) and minimal intervention is the rule. To entice new and repeat folks alike, we’ve put together a limited number of offerings at our 20% Member discount and shipping is included. You may choose a focused varietal pack or a selection pack of the wines we craft from the Santa Cruz and Gabilan Mountain Ranges. Both of these growing regions are under the radar to the masses, but becoming better known to fine wine lovers thanks to the praise and enthusiasm from Berserkers such as yourselves!

Here’s the deal, we are offering four different 3-packs depending on your preferences (there’s something for everybody). We will include shipping on any packs you select. Not only that, but we’re giving all you Berserkers our highest discount of 20% off any pack. Simple enough, now view our packs below.

Please contact us with questions about our wines, orders, club, etc Dushan@BigBasinVineyards.com or call 408-564-7346 (if we can’t answer, please leave a message and we’ll return your call)

We can ship to: AZ, CA, CO, DC, IL, FL, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NV, NY, OR, SC, TX, VA, WA. (If you’re state isn’t listed, contact us and we’ll figure something out)

Pinot Pack: $147 normally = $117.60 on BD. (+tax, shipping included)
2014 Alfaro Vineyard Pinot Noir - Santa Cruz Mountains. 91 points Jeb Dunnuck, Wine Advocate
2014 Lester Vineyard Pinot Noir - Santa Cruz Mountains. 91 points Allen Meadows, Burghound
2013 Coastview Vineyard Pinot Noir - Gabilan Mountains. 93 points Antonio Galloni, Vinous/93 points Jeb Dunnuck, Wine Advocate

Order Here: https://www.bigbasinvineyards.com/store/library

“I recently attended a tasting in the heart of the Santa Cruz Mountains where the very best bottlings were opened and placed on a long table for everyone to sample at their leisure. I slowly tasted through the wines then poured one particular bottle without paying much attention to the label. I put my nose in the glass and it reminded me of barrel tasting young Morey Saint Denis from Domaine Dujac many years ago. I handed the glass to a friend of mine who is a sommelier at a three-star michelin restaurant in San Francisco and said, “What does this remind you of?” Without hesitation, he responded with the same answer. This Big Basin Pinot Noir derived from the soils of Lester Family Vineyard epitomizes the potential of the varietal in California and in a blind tasting, the majority of cultivated palates would call this wine a top Burgundy.” - Master Sommelier, Ian Cauble

Grenache Pack: $143 normally = $114.40 on BD. (+tax, shipping included)
2012 Grizzly (65% Grenache, 35% Syrah) Santa Cruz Mountains, Estate - 92 points Matt Kettmann, Wine Enthusiast
2012 Gabilan Mountains GSM (46% Grenache, 39% Syrah, 15% Mourvedre) Gabilan Mountains - 93 points Matt Kettmann, Wine Enthusiast
2012 Coastview Vineyard Grenache (95% Grenache, 5% Syrah) Gabilan Mountains - 91 points Antonio Galloni, Vinous / 90 points Jeb Dunnuck, Wine Advocate

"I’ve come to visit Bradley Brown because I have been told by colleagues that he makes one of the best Grenaches in the United States, and I want to taste it….Bradley typically blends his Grenache with Syrah, in a bottling he calls “Grizzly”… Suffice it to say, I’m blown away.” – R. H. Drexel, Loam Baby

Syrah Pack: $139 = $111.20 on BD. (+tax, shipping included)
2013 Santa Cruz Mountains Syrah - Santa Cruz Mountains, 95% Estate - 91 points Antonio Galloni, Vinous
2012 Old Corral Syrah - Santa Cruz Mountains, Estate - 93 points Antonio Galloni, 93 points, Wine Enthusiast
2012 Coastview Vineyard Syrah - Gabilan Mountains - 94 points Antonio Galloni, Vinous / 94 points Jeb Dunnuck, Wine Advocate

“Located in the Santa Cruz Mountains, Bradley Brown continues to fashion some of the top Syrahs and GSM blends in California. While his wines emphasize fruit and texture, they maintain seamless, elegant profiles, as well as solid backend structure that will allow them to age gracefully. All of these wines were followed for multiple days and benefit substantially from decanting, and time in the glass. They are highly recommended." - Jeb Dunnuck

Sampler Pack: $128 normally = $102.4 on BD. (+ tax, shipping included)
2013 Coast Grade Vineyard Pinot Noir - Santa Cruz Mountains. 93 points Matt Kettmann, Wine Enthusiast
2012 Gabilan Mountains GSM (46% Grenache, 39% Syrah, 15% Mourvedre) Gabilan Mountains - 93 points Matt Kettmann, Wine Enthusiast
2013 Santa Cruz Mountains Syrah - Santa Cruz Mountains, 95% Estate - 91 points Antonio Galloni, Vinous

Hard to go wrong with a Pinot Sampler…

Yeah, I got in on some Pinot too. I’ve only tried their Homestead Roussane before, which I liked. Curious to try the Pinots!

They are pretty amazing. The Lester is one of my top 2 or 3 pinots I’ve ever had…