Library Love from VIRAGE NAPA VALLEY! 1-click bundles and... Dry Rosé!

Hi Everyone! You know how I LOVE this day–my SIXTH BerserkerDay!!

If you’re new to Virage: Do you love rich fruit, complexity, depth, and minerality? Welcome to the cooler side of Napa Valley and the “Right-Bank” blend.
Enjoy!

LIBRARY LOVE 4PK - 20% discount - $192
(2) x 2007 Virage BDX Blend. WE92 HYDE VINEYARDS Cab Franc & our nearby hillside Merlot in Forward soils that delivers deep structure and dark chocolate; a layered, dark, complex blend showing incredibly rich fruit (yes, still), an exceptionally aromatic and engaging wine that pairs well with deep conversation! LESS THAN 40 CASES LEFT, and I’ll be crying when they’re gone.
(2) x 2008 Virage BDX Blend (same vineyard sources, complex, anise-laced black cherry, so smooth this wine inspired my motto ‘Cabernet Franc is the pinot-lover’s Bordeaux.’ Mid-weight crowd pleaser!)
$15 fixed shipping option
30 paks available today

LIBRARY LOVE 6PK - I can’t help it! I’m drinking the 2010 as I type, 3rd day open, and it’s just phenomenal…aged beautiies, chose your favorite and reorder by end of May for the same price! $279
(2) x 2007 (notes above)
(2) x 2008 (notes above)
(2) x 2010 - She is 2007’s kid sister and maturing into a vibrant, complex young woman! Berries, black plum, deep black cherry and pomegranate, Espresso, bitter chocolate, toasted almond, the rich minerals, the succulence, this wine is singing… Jean Hoefliger’s favorite (Hi Jean).
20 paks available today

FRIENDLY FLYER 3PK - What I’m drinking now, one of each $117.60
2010 Red (notes above)
2011 Red pomegranate and crushed rocks, W&S92 “pure cassis refinement”, fine-grain tannin structure, concentrated lovely fruit
2015 Dry Rosé of Cabernet Franc - Beautiful, aromatic, peach kernel & sea-spray fresh Provencal-style rosé, my best yet
Great trial pak for Virage newbies, order x2 so you don’t have just one each! [wink.gif]
Here’s a link to my blogging on the blending session for 2010 Blending 2010 | Becoming Virage
40 paks available today

KILLER CASE DEAL - Dang it, I promised myself I wouldn’t do this… Can’t help it!! - huge savings - $499 includes shipping
A sampling of every red I still have (2) each: 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 (notes above) plus (1) x 2012 a sleek, dark, polished beauty, very long…and (1) x 2012 Barrel Select - chewy chocolatey, single-barrel goodness, only a few left, WE94! and (2) of the BEST rosé I have ever made 2015 Dry Rosé of Cabernet Franc from Oak Knoll, this is a beautiful whole-cluster pressed rosé, stirred on its lees, lotta love in this bottling, you need this for winter shellfish!
More details on all the wines online.
10 cases available today
A winner for bargain-hunting Berserkers who re-stock every year on Berserker Day…
It’s OK, I love you all! grouphug

MORE ON THE STYLE
All these reds are intriguing, layered, aromatic Cabernet Franc-Merlot-Cabernet Sauvignon blends, from cooler-climate Napa Valley with character reminiscent of Right Bank Bordeaux in their depth, complexity, deep fruit character and minerality. The richness in Virage wines comes from slowly-ripened fruit in cooler climate zones, where aromatics, sugars and tannins ripen in balance and grapes retain their natural acid complex. Judicious use of French oak barrels–these flavors come from the hand-worked fruit, not heavy toasted oak. Aged until their ready to bottle. This is a small, personal operation, striving to attain the balance, beauty and age-ability of traditional St. Emilion-style blends.
Lots of TN’s on WB.
CellarTracker 2007 Virage Vineyards, USA, California, Napa Valley - CellarTracker
and nice press at Excerpts and links to critic and customer reviews of Virage wines. The last red release was a WE94!

SHIPPING NOTE: I cannot ship to New York, New Hampshire, and Kentucky. I ship via FedEx and the flat-rate shipping (or free shipping offers here) are for GROUND shipping. My ecommerce system will charge you sales tax in your state if I have a tax account (for example, Washington), or you will be charged California sales tax for your sale taking place in California; I’m merely expediting shipping of your wine to yourself, purchased in California at this event. If possible, please use a BUSINESS ADDRESS for Ship-To, or in the comments please tell me “Ok to HOLD at local FedEx” for you to pick up. I will start shipping as weather permits. Please choose “PERSONAL DELIVERY” for shipping to local storage services in California Wine Country like 55 Degrees or if you have an account with Stagecoach or Buffalo, etc. to consolidate your haul for you :slight_smile: I’ll deliver to them personally. Thank you!!

Questions? Just reply. I’ll be here all day, sipping rosé and looking for mineral-drenched whites. [cheers.gif]

[resizeableimage=300,300]http://www.viragenapavalley.com/v/vspfiles/photos/BD12-2.jpg[/resizeableimage]

LATE ADDITION: Rosé 6PK!
3:00PM Pre-Launch, multiple outcries there’s no rosé deal, so here’s a 6PK Rosé for $20 each!
Berserkers know my obsession with great rosé. My pole star is Bandol (Domaine Tempier was my first rosé love), although the best rosé I ever tasted was 2012 Domaine Vacheron (Sancerre). If you ever see 2014 Clos Cibonne Tibouren in a scary green burgundy bottle, this is a very wonderful wine ~$32, aged in oak puncheons, allowing flor to develop on the wine, sounds nuts but crackling kumquat goodness.

Virage 2015 is my SIXTH Rosé vintage, sheer, delicate beauty. 100% Cabernet Franc. I find CabFranc produces a clean, savory rosé–my preference is mineral/stone and pink/white fruits, high thiol aromas, not perfume/floral. Just six tons picked at 21brix - half destemmed/macerated, and the other half whole-cluster pressed - fermented cool, separately, then blended. 2015 is the most aromatically expressive Virage rosé yet. Almond, peach-kernel, sea-spray, pink grapefruit and a kind of salinity, it’s very clean… I think “Brut Rosé without bubbles,” Erez L likens it to a still wine he once tasted in Champagne, which is the greatest compliment ever. ABV 12.6%! You need this wine for shellfish, for prosciutto/charcuterie platters, for sushi, for fish stews, and my favorites fish tacos and paella… lunch, brunch, first course, year-round. FOR FANS OF 2014, it’s tasting better than ever–we pressed a bit harder in 2014, it’s wee darker and more tangerine/peach in flavors compared to 2015, harvested at 22b, and the tannins contribute to ageability. I still pour it through an aerator! Killer with spicy sausage, grilled salmon, rosemary roast chicken/pork. Bracing freshness it cuts a rich lobster dish perfectly. Just add in the notes if you want a few 14’s in the mix from my private stash. Cheers!

I’ll be in for a case.
Always a BD favorite.

My favorite review on WB!

Dan R: http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1983692#p1983692

You told me I was your favorite! LOL

• 2007 Virage Vineyards - USA, California, Napa Valley (1/22/2011)
    Falltacular 2011 (FMIII in the OC): Wow, is this an awesome wine. I had a taste 15 seconds after the bottle was opened (with the owner, thank you) and the wine was excellent, a couple hours and you’re telling me it’ll be better? Yikes, good juice. Very interesting complexity with pencil shaving weaving in and out through the palate and finish. Great mouthfeel. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

No way! she told me mine was her favorite neener

4/5/2013 - I like this wine:

I have had nearly a case of this wine and I cannot believe that I have not put up any tasting notes. First off this wine is beautiful! On the nose cranberry’s, black cherries, earth and a floral note. Taste raspberries black cherries, leather earth black currants beautifully, waves of flavors hit you and a long finish, beautifully structured and balanced.

I should edit that post to say the most-recent favorite! Thanks Scott and Brig. Love you guys! Scott had to pick up his wines at a gas station. Not so elegant, really. Scott - check out the rosé deal I just added for you!

I’m on it this year Emily…it’s been too long!

GOOD MORNING BERSERKERS!! Up and at 'em here with a nice cup of Peet’s Moka Java :slight_smile:

In for a Library love mixer!

Grabbed the Library Love 6 pack bundle. Looking forward to my first taste of your wines.

Yea, I got 1 of the 10 case offers.

This wine is great and at these prices for library selections it’s a steal. Love the Cab Franc Rose too, my absolute favorite rose.
I always look for Virage every Berserker Day.

Grabbed a 6 pk of the Rose

Many thanks for the kind words Ben! I try to keep my prices where wine lovers order by the case and DRINK them :slight_smile:

Sounds like my style, picked up a 3-pak to see. Looking forward to it.

Looking forward to trying my 4 pack. Thanks Emily!

Back for more. Love these wines.

Smart lawyer in Seattle goes for 6PK library reds and 6PK rose’ - nice package!!

I’d take a 6pk rose, and figure out where to send that later.
Make America France Again [thankyou.gif]

In for a 6 pack of the Rose

Thank you Bruce! Wow, the rose’s are flying this morning… good thing I didn’t put a limit.