Patricia Green Cellars Berserker Day Offerings

We are offering two different packages this year.

Half Bottle Bonanza

I thought folks here might be interested in a half bottle offering. I think the selection of half bottles has dwindled over the years, but we are still doggedly working on muddling through some offerings. I like them. We don’t bottle many, but do bottle good stuff!

4 x 375 ML bottles each of the following wines to create a 12-pack:

2014 Estate Vineyard, Etzel Block Pinot Noir: Our best section from our Estate Vineyard. Planted on a northwest slope in 1986 to Pommard with Dijon 114 added in 2001. This recently was reviewed by Vinous and received 93 pts with the comment: “This vivacious Pinot sure doesn’t act like it came from a warm vintage.”

2014 Olenik Vineyard, Wadensvil Clone Pinot Noir: One of my favorite wines year after year owing largely to the Wadnesvil clone which I believe has the capacity to produce delicate, elegant and forceful wines. Also received 93 pts from Vinous with the note: “Finishes silky and sharply focused, displaying superb persistence and silky, even tannins that fold effortlessly into the energetic fruit.”

2014 Balcombe Vineyard Pinot Noir: This is a Dundee Hill site we have managed for 20 years now and it is very difficult not to like this beautiful fruit. Received a 91 pt grade from Vinous with the note of: “The smoky quality comes back on the velvety, gently tannic finish, which hangs on with impressive tenacity.”

These normally retail at $33, $24 and $21 per bottle, $302 combined as a 12-pack.
We will offer them up to Berserkers’ looking for a pint-sized bang for their buck for $225, ground shipping included.

2013 Ribbon Ridge Signature bottlings of Pinot Noir from our Estate Vineyard in a 4-pack

Well, we did not hold back 200 cases of 2013 single vineyard Pinots like Marcus Goodfellow, but we did hold back a few cases of a couple bottlings from our Estate Vineyard in the Ribbon Ridge. We have only been pouring these gems at tastings we host here at the winery. We will put together 2 bottles each of these to make a 4-pack.

2013 Estate Vineyard, Bonshaw Block Pinot Noir: This had been a signature wine (at one point, the signature wine) from our Estate Vineyard dating back to when we began in 2000. However, the steep south-facing block does not lend itself incredibly well to hotter vintages and we have only bottled it now 4 times in the past 7 vintages going back to 2009. But when it is on, it is one of the best wines we produce. The International Wine Cellar gave it a 92 and said: “Concentrated yet lithe Pinot with strong finishing thrust; silky tannins come in late to add shape and grip.”

2013 Estate Vineyard, Etzel Block Pinot Noir: We started bottling this in 2003 and this has certainly taken over the spot as the defining wine from our Estate Vineyard. Planted on a northwest slope it is quite different than the Bonshaw experience. This also received 92 pts from IWC and noted as: “Fresh and precise on the palate, offering gently sweet raspberry and mulberry flavors and a touch of candied rose.”

These wines retail at $50 and $60 per bottle, $220 combined as a 4-pack.
We are offering them up to Berserkers’ for $175, ground shipping included.

Ordering

As many of you will and have experienced in the past, these wines will be shipped when weather permits. We are constantly monitoring weather across the Country and will only ship when temperatures are safe, not to compromise the quality of your wine. Basically if you live outside Oregon, Washington, California, Nevada and Arizona you are likely going to have to wait a bit for shipping. Other arrangements for shipping beyond ground delivery may require an additional fee. Please contact us if you need the wine to arrive by a certain date and we can provide you with a shipping upgrade quote.

To order please go to our website at www.patriciagreencellars.com click on “Buy Our Wine”. Once that page opens click on “Berserker Packages”. For ordering help please call the winery at (503) 554-0821 or email Margaret Barry at Margaret@patriciagreencellars.com. For further information on wine descriptions or production questions, contact me (Jim Anderson) directly at jim@patriciagreencellars.com.

When you are ordering please note that we put the 2014 Berserker Cuvee Pinot Noir back on our website for today only. It is offered at $216/case and includes half-off shipping costs. This is our last year creating this Cuvee, so don’t be shy about throwing a case or two in with whatever Berserker Day packages you are in for!

Curmudgeon! neener

Although the 4 pack was impossible to resist.

RT

I love small bottles.

I’d just love to stock your Pinot’s in N FL. Distributor still out.

I’m almost out of Oregon Pinot! Always wanted to try your wines. Looking forward to the 2013’s and the berserkers curvee.

I’m in for the halves!!! Great stuff! Many thanks!!!
Oh, and some Berserker Cuvee of course.

In for a box of shorties.

I had a bottle of the 2013 PGC Bonshaw about three weeks ago. It was a dynamite bottle of wine, and a GREAT example of the weightless power of great Pinot Noir.

In for a 4-pack of the Ribbon Ridge

In for the halves. More temptation to open a bottle and polish it off! Thanks, Jim!

In for a 4pack and 2 extra bottles of Berserkers Cuvée! Can’t get enough of PGC!

Halves of Pinot - awesome. I don’t think it would help me much, however, as I don’t seem to struggle mightily with drinking a whole bottle of Patty Green Pinot (in 750ml)

LOVE half bottles.

Just ordered a case of the 375mls.

Thanks!

I wish the real world had the love for half bottles that there is in here. Or even vaguely close to it. We are endeavoring on being persistent in attempting to get distributors to work with half bottles and even though we do not really bottle that much (30 case equivalent each for 3-4 different wines) it is not an easy project. Every time I think we have it figured out it seems the ground shifts. So, for those of you buying the 375s here, thanks so much and please enjoy them!

I was hoping to see some halfsies on BD and Patricia Green delivers. Mine!

Just bought a case of the Cuvee, my first ever BD purchase.

I have to support the production and sale of 375s! Look forward to this variety pack, Jim.

Any other 375s lying around?

Who needs distributor love for halves when you have Berserker love???

I’ve loved the Balcombe and the Etzel in other years, but it’s been too long, and I don’t think I’ve ever had the Olenik. Half-bottles great for weekday drinking, so, as they say…what’s not too like?