POLL: What day should BerserkerDay IX be on??

On what day should BerserkerDay IX be held?

• Saturday, Jan 27th, 2018
  • Friday, Jan 26th, 2018
  • Another work day around the 27th

0 voters

Folks, next year BerserkerDay (Jan 27) falls on a Saturday, and I’m not sure that’s the best time to do BerserkerDay, so I’m going to do a poll and let us all figure out when’s best to do it.

This year was the first time in a while it was on a Friday, which is the start of the weekend, but still a work day - likely a ‘light’ work day for most.

Do we want to try it on a Saturday, when most of us have family/leisure things going on, or stick with the work week? If the latter, do we aim for Friday again, as the ‘best’ day of the work week, or another day?

Has it always been on the 27th? Any day you choose is fine with me.

Yes, always on the 27th. The last time it was on the 27th it was quite a bit smaller, bit easier to control, but it’s too large now to not bear consideration for which day it’s held.

While voting to keep it as is, I think the input of the businesses is required. For some, additional logistics/staffing is required to conduct business on a weekend. Also, some one person ‘operations’ may have only one of the weekend days to rest, if at all. I’d defer to beserker businesses opinion. Friday (26th) would be my runner up alternate.

Understand the tradition, but think a week day would be better.

FWIW, same question will arise for 1/27/19, which will be a Sunday.

correct, which is why I’d like to get it settled this time, for both IX and X

Way easier for me to sit in front of a computer for much of the day and read about and order wine on a Saturday. I can always tell my kids to go watch tv for awhile.

I used to say keep 27th. Now I think Friday is best.

Make it, “The last Friday in January” every year.

My 2¢.

If you make it the last Friday in January, then the offers could remain open over the weekend as most businesses opted to do this time. However, in that case, what happens to the subscribers preview and BB presale? I think the imact on the businesses would be most important here, especially if they are a small operation and work a tasting room over the weekend. I like keeping it on the 27th, but I’m retired so the day of the week really doesn’t matter.

I agree. Maybe it should be on the last Wednesday in January. That would be a lot easier on the business’ not having to have someone working over the weekend on Berserker orders.

This poll would be better directed to the sellers. We consumers will belly up whenever BD is. Saturday would personally be best for me but it’s not worth losing out on offers if businesses don’t want to make offers on a Saturday.

+1… More Cab and less Pinot would be great!!! Cab producers are you listening???