LA Times' J. Gold LOVES Stephen Gelber's place Smoke.Oil.Salt

I haven’t made it yet but need to:

Great food, fairly priced wine list. Well deserved praise.

Sounds incredible.
Congrats to Stephen.

Sounds amazing! A little bit jealous of Los Angeles right now.

I’ve never met Stephen in person, but he seems like a super nice guy. Good for him. [cheers.gif]

Thanks Roberto, and everyone else.
If any of you WineBerserkers come in to SOS, let me know.

made a res for our anniversary a couple of months ago for Monday Paella night. Got a call a few days before that they were closing mondays from that monday on. Scrambled to find another place to eat. Unfortunate. Would like to head back at some point.

LA Magazine concurs…

Looks pretty amazing!

Question… the article says:
“Tucked into a lively location on Melrose Ave., you can indulge in an array of wines and Spanish specialties from Chef Perfecto Rocher, and AdVantage Partners’ Adam Fleischman and Lee Weinberg, and with producer Stephen Gelber at Smoke.Oil.Salt.”

What is a producer at a restaurant?

no, his occupation outside of the restaurant is as a producer in the entertainment biz

Didn’t know it was Stephen’s place. NOW I’ll have to make a point of going there. I have heard lots of good reports - Congratulations.

my favorite place in LA

The pics from the Where LA article are insane. I think we need a Seattle expansion project.

Thanks again Roberto, Yaacov and everyone. Let me know if you come in. There were a couple good wine group dinners at SOS last night, one including Walter Page and David Rauch (who are also in my X-Pensive Winos group), plus David Lewin and Pete Peterson and others.
Every Sunday we do a prix-fixe Paella Night.

FWIW, Mark Y., I was previously a producer and executive in music, in TV, and in film.

If anyone else comes in to smoke.oil.salt., give me a shout!

Jerry, I’ll meet you there . . . it’s fantastic.

Cheers,

HIC

I need to get there soon. Perhaps after school one night this weekend.

Let me know guys. Thanks Howard.

Congrats SG!

Went to a nice Burg/PN dinner there recently. Nice place and would definitely try to eat there again. Offline anyone?

Thanks John!