Canada - Restaurant Recommendations

With the Women’s World Cup taking place in Canada, the Family is going to root for the Frenchies and we’ll be there for a couple of weeks.

We’re going to stay in Moncton, Quebec, Ottawa and Montreal.

Any restaurant recommendation would be appreciated, preferably kid friendly with our 4 and 11 year olds in tow, and info on corkage policy.

Thanks and Allez les Bleues

In Montreal, in order of my preference, Laloux, Les 400 Coups, Hotel Herman, and Liverpool House.
In Quebec City Le Clocher Penche and Chez Boulay.

You might try searching the travel forum as their are more recs their from others.

http://www.tideandboar.com/home

Recommendation in Moncton, I’m not sure about corkage, I would go for the beer.

Pied

In Quebec city I would definitly recommend L’Affaire est Ketchup and in Montreal of course Pied de Cochon, Joe Beef or Liverpool House.

For Ottawa, Bekta is sort of an Ottawa institution. Great food, and corkage friendly. Play is their wine bar.
Atelier is a tasting menu only, focussed on molecular gastronomy. Haven’t been, but supposed to be great. I believe they allow corkage.
I haven’t been to Navarra but it’s always in the list of top restaurants.

For a casual place, Murray Street Kitchen and Wine Bar is great. All the charcuterie is made in house.
Town is also excellent. Italian food with a twist. For cocktails, Union Local 613 is great, and food is excellent Southern style.

We Just returned from a weekend with friends in Montreal. We had great dim sum at Kam Fung (it helped that we were a Chinese family).

We had a very disappointing return visit to Au Pieds du Cochon. Extremely loud ‘music’, incredibly slow service, slightly ripe bluefin, and they were out of my first two wine selections (I later spied one of them through the cellar window, guess they didn’t want to dig for it).

A great find was Maison Christian Faure, a great patisserie cafe in the Old City. I would go back to Montreal just for this shop.

In Winnipeg you can get a good dessert at Baked Expectations and if you mention my name, my cousin probably won’t charge you more than a 10% extra surcharge.

Tim Hortons.

They must be really good cuz there are si many of them.

In Montreal, Chez L’Epicier in the Old Port http://www.chezlepicier.com/chezlepicier.php?lang=en where we’ve had exceptional meals and lovely service. Chef Godbout will represent Canada at this year’s Bocuse D’Or.