What to do with leftover pork broth?

What to do with this leftover pork broth? I started pulled pork in the crock pot today, with a bottom layer of onion & garlic, apple cider vinegar, and pork shoulder. After a 10-hour slow cook, there’s a lot of liquid in the bottom of the pot. I’ve got it in a container in the fridge so I can skim off the fat tomorrow. Then what to do with it? Soup?

Bruce

Soup with kale, white beans and sausage?

pay it forward - put in next batch of pork.

starter for a ramen broth or other broth. reduce reduce and freeze.

This!

Ramen–yes

I you find some pork parts /Pozole

But something with beans will work too

Smoothie

image.jpg

how much collagen is in it? Many Chinese and Korean recipes call for pork broth. Look up a recipe for “Korean Hangover Soup”

+1 on the Tuscan white bean and kale soup idea.

Save the fat for pie crust or frying chicken or or or

I don’t think it’ll make the best ramen given the acid, but you’ll know by tasting it.

My guess is that if I use it in a soup or ramen, I will add part of it and blend it with some standard chicken or beef broth to smooth it out.

Bruce

Reduce it and use it as part of your BBQ sauce.

posole

Ramen, so says David Chang

Link?

Bruce

Miso Ramen for sure.

pulled pork in a crock pot = blasphemy :slight_smile:

use it as your liquid for risotto. flirtysmile

I suspect I was excommunicated in absentia a LONG time ago for multiple acts of culinary apostasy. But your concern is duly noted. flirtysmile

Bruce

Bruce, I was traveling once in rural PA and was hungry and found a small BBQ restaurant. I mean it had a sign saying such and such pit smoked BBQ.

I am one of those guys who always wants to see what smoker a BBQ joint uses, so I start questioning the waitress to see if I can get back in the back and have a look. She admits they make it in a crock pot…

So there you go :slight_smile: