Best gas barbeque grill?

My Viking, once repaired at significant expense, is dying and not worth re-repairing. What natural gas outdoor BBQ is best–and I want a rotisserie w it, lots of BTUs? Thanks.

Lynx and Fire Magic are probably the leaders in the field.

I have had a top of the line Wolf for about 7 years and love it.

Lynx…

I have a lynx and have had nothing but trouble.The problem I found is that I live in a very windy area.The unit doesn’t vent properly in the wind.The front then overheats and burns out he wiring and it cost hundred dollars to repair.Also the same happens if you use high heat with the unit closed.I have not had with that happening with a previous dcs and a tec grill.Of the three the dcs was the best.

Freestanding? Weber (Genesis and Summits) are very well made get rave reviews. I had a Viking at the last house, and went with a Weber this time around. Very pleased.

Alan,
Have you ever cooked on an IR grill?

My Dad has a Weber Genesis and it kicks ass.

I too (and I’m a dad!) have a Weber Genesis and it kicks ass too!

Weber Genesis here, and for less than a bottle of DRC…

Check out TEC. I like much more than lynx, and it gets much hotter, particularly when you sear directly on the ceramic plate.

I too (and I’m a dad!) have a Weber Genesis and it kicks ass too!

never tried IR. Will check out the options above. Thanks all.

My kids think our Weber Genesis kicks ass

Some of the best grills available come from (the wildly expensive) Kalamazoo. If you need a gas only grill, it defeats some of the advantage of owning a Kalamazoo, as they are hybrid grills which can use gas, wood or charcoal. Here’s a link to a page on their site attempting to explain why their grills are so good:

Best of luck in your search.

Weber Genesis here, not sure it kicks ass but is is one hardy SOB.

Weber Genesis here as well. Weber for life.

Weber Summit S-470: has 4 burners and a sear station plus rotisserie. Love it.

I had the company run a natural gas line out to my porch, no more bottles.

http://www.weber.com/grills/series/summit/summit-s-470

Vermont Castings. Amazing quality and durability.

Cheers,

Bud

I have had a TEC for about 20 years out on the deck and was getting a little worse for wear but worked fine. The igniter crapped out, so we just lit manually. My brother sold them and had a new upgraded base sitting around, so I put the old grill and top on. I know why it was sitting around, controls on burners are screwed up. [snort.gif] Tossed the old parts, so now need to fix the new one. Well the SST looks neat.