Ft. Meyers Beach area recs.

My parents are going to be dow in Ft. Meyers beach for a few months and we’re looking to take them out to a really nice dinner to celebrate my dad’s birthday in a month.

Not too familiar with the area so any recs are much appreciated. They’ll have a car while there so anything sub 30 minute drive is on the table. Good wine list obvious plus. Thanks!

Drive a little further to Bleu Provence in Naples (should be less than an hour).
Or Bern’s in Tampa (2.5 hrs).

The request was for Sub 30 minutes not multiples of a half hour, but I assume the Bern’s suggestion was in jest.

Yea, hoping for closer if anyone has any thoughts. Asking my parents to drive an hour plus each way to dinner would be like me flying to Chicago for dinner and back…

look at cibo and cru

Unfortunately there is nothing great on FMB. Try Cibao in Naples 30-45 minute drive depending on traffic.

How about Naples suggestions? Thanks
I have blue Provence, cafe lurcat and osteria tulia lined up

Reservations are a must in the Naples/Bonita area.

Here are some thoughts:

Angelicas-Bonita-Italian

Baleen- They can reserve a table on the lawn overlooking the gulf. Great wine list good food.

Turtle Club- Down the street from Baleen good food beach setting.

La BAzzene -Naples On 5th Good family owned French

Le Lafayette -Naples on 3rd good French.

USS Nemo- Naples- on US 41 Seafood

Capital Grille- Always good service and steaks.

Avoid eating in or around FMB at all costs.

FYI -Lucrat is mediocre IMHO. Avoid Continental Steakhouse as well.

Let me know if you have any further questions

Thanks I reserved Bazzenne instead of lurcat

Bleu Provence has a great list, but I was extremely underwhelmed by the food. Sit at the bar with a bottle of Raveneau :wink:

Nick,

Agree on the list at Bleu, have eaten their twice not impressed and got sick once after some bad mussels.

Tom, almost all these places have a corkage fee ranging from $10-$30 which is the way to go. Most places down here are 3-4x for wine. I recently saw a bottle of 2010 VHR for $430, yikes! There are a few places to buy wine here and I happily pay the corkage.

Which stores are best?