Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations?

We are heading to Mexico City for a few days in May and wondered if anyone has been lately and would care to share some recs. It seems as though we are going to be spoiled for choice – there are so many intriguing options. Delicious is more important than fancy.

Would particularly like feedback on:
Quintonil
Pujol
J by José Andrés
Dulce Patria
Contramar
Biko
Sud777

Wine is a secondary consideration, more focused on the food. Thanks much.

Been to Quintonil twice in the past year. Amazing food both times. Skipped the tasting menu and just ordered a la carte.

Contramar was a very sceney place (reminds me of my memory of Gold Coast spots…) but with awesome fish. Only open for lunch or very early dinner. Their whole grilled fish, tostadas, and aguachiles are great.

Biko was not bad but not worth going to given better options everywhere.

Maximo Bistrot was good. Rosetta even better - a very lovely, civilized meal there.

Mercado Roma is fun for grazing a gentrified, yuppy take on a public food market. The ingredients and food are very high quality and tasty. The Coyoacan market was tasty and more traditional…but with more flies buzzing in the food type of environment. I thought Mercado de San Juan was way overrated.

If you see a stall selling chilaquiles tortas, give it a try…had a mind blowing version with cochinita pibil for breakfast from a random street stall.

Zanaya in the Four Seasons also has great grilled robalo, perhaps a little less good than Contramar’s…but is open for normal dinner hours.

El Califa is a clean and good taco shop chain.

And my opinion about Jose Andres’ place - you’re in Mexico…so why bother with an international absentee owner’s restaurant?

We were there about two years ago. We ate at Pujol and thought it was an amazing meal. We did not drink wine there and instead had cocktails. I thought they were really good. I’d also recommend eating at Cafe Eno for breakfast. It is Enrique Olvera’s cafe and it was really good.

We ate at de Mar a Mar, which is a casual sea food place. I thought it was good. Nice, light, and refreshing. Pretty inexpensive too.

I’d highly recommend El Huequito for Al Pastor tacos. We tried a few and these were the best. Simply amazing. Washing them down with a coke or two is one of my favorite memories of MC.

We went to a few of the markets and would just saunter up to a random stall and chowdown. Had some great meals that way. We also went to a few cocktail places to get some drinks and had some really nice drinks doing that. I know we went to Limantour. Can’t remember where else we went.

My wife and I went to Quintonil and Pujol. Both are excellent. We liked Pujol a bit better. Pujol’s dishes seemed well refined. Quintonil is cutting-edge.

Thank you very much for the feedback. We’re going to probably pass on Biko. Unfortunately Pujol and Quintonil were both booked for dinner, so we’re going to have lunch at both. Want to mix in some more casual meals, so I’ll sort through your suggestions as I map out our itinerary.