Sacramento

I will be in Sacramento June 6th-9th for work and have never been. I looked through some old posts about the dining scene, but they were several years old. Any favorites on here? Also i will probably have to have a work dinner 1 night but could meet up with others if available. I can check wine.

if you like beer + burgers, i’d recommend The East Sac Shack.

if you like deep dish pizza, then Zelda’s

I don’t have restaurant recs, but Ginger Elizabeth is delightful for chocolates, coffee, and ice cream sandwiches.

I have a soft spot for The Kitchen.

http://thekitchenrestaurant.com/

I will likely have to give up my Berserker lapel pin, but I like to do the wine pairings.

I do peruse the wine list and there are some good values.

Think of it as a night of entertainment with your meal, as well.

Need to refresh this thread to wholeheartedly recommend Allora in Sacramento - WOW what a fantastic meal we had there! Plating was gorgeous, food was varied and delicious. We did the chef’s tasting menu, which allows substitutes (they have 3, 4, and 5 course, and PLEASE note the courses are NOT tasting sized, but full sized!). Owner/somm has some great wine selections, as well. I was particularly impressed with the San Polo Brunello, as the nose on this wine was almost a dead ringer for Burgundy. Get the Tajarin if they have it while there, and ask them for the shaved (frozen) foie gras on top.

Fantastic. I fully plan to fly through Sacramento when doing a Napa/Sonoma trip if only to eat there.

Camden Spit & Larder was exceptional on our recent pass through Sacto en route to BCS. Tartare and salmon fantastic, as were the cocktails. Great outdoors seating too now that we’re in Delta.

That looks great. I used to live right around the corner from there, on 51st Street, but that was over 25 years ago. I don’t get to Sacramento much, but will have to remember that when I do. I hope you went to Corti Brothers, too, Todd.

Any recent updates?

Ella remains reliable and enjoyable. It’s part of the same restaurant empire that includes The Kitchen. We were there last month and were a little bit more impressed than prior visits.

Trout

Crispy brussel sprouts

Scallops

2 Likes