Favorite Instant Pot recipes?

Bought the IP on Amazon’s Prime Day, so on the hunt for great/foolproof IP recipes. Thanks.

Bruce

I was laughing quite a bit over the title for this book but it might be what you’re looking for. 2.99 for the Kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Obsession-Ultimate-Everything-ebook/dp/B06WRND53W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500310164&sr=8-1&keywords=INSTANT+POT+OBSESSION

Any favorite recipes from that book? Thanks.

Bruce

No, the only reason it came to mind was because I saw an advertisement for it pop up on my Kindle and I couldn’t stop laughing.

white rice. no joke. one cup water one cup rice, makes it better than any pot on the stove top/rice cooker. Also much quicker

yup. really great for Cajun style rice too with butter and bay leaf.

90% of my use is for stocks. I load it with all the vegetable trimmings and any bones to make stock weekly.

I use it for all beans (from dry) I still soak them but the cook time is incredibly quick and then it just shuts…

I use it for stocks as well. I have made a cheaters chicken biryani… sauté the chicken pieces onions etc… add a cup of rice and a cup of water and spices (garam masala) seal and 15 min later… dinner (and not bad for such a reduction in time and complexity

biryani is a great call.

I make wild rice, farro, etc too.

Got one of these for my birthday last month and am still trying to figure out more ways to use it. In addition to the rice, grains, stock, etc already mentioned, I use mine to make boiled eggs. It’s super quick and they peel much easier than boiling on the stove.

I can’t believe anyone would pay for that. There are a gazillion instant pot recipes online for free.

I actually fund the IP less efficient for eggs with the pressure up, cook time and cool down. I steam them or boil for 13 min and then into ice water (that is the secret to a super easy peeling)

This a good deal on the 6quart? Is 6 too small, for those who have one?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLYWNYQ/ref=as_at?creativeASIN=B00FLYWNYQ&linkCode=w61&imprToken=BqyuOHzET9OpDgToTn5wuQ&slotNum=100&tag=se-twitter-20

depends on your use. it’s prefect for beans or rice. bigger is nice for making stocks from bones.

stuffed peppers

omfg.

Finally got an Instant Pot. It’s truly deserving of all the hype, and then some.

Yep, the convenience factor and functionality is all that.

Like Paul I make stocks all the time in this thing and they are awesome.

Braised cabbage is awesome. Short ribs. Curried lentil soup. Carnitas. The list goes on and on. Dinner in no time.

My first meal (yesterday, the day it arrived) was an easy one - white chicken chili. Put everything but the white beans in (I imagine that could be problematic at pressure for extended periods) and it was done in 15 minutes. I turned it on, went to my office to work, and next thing I know I hear it going off. Opened it up, everything was cooked as if it was there for well over an hour. SOLD.

I plan on beef stew next week, and for sure want to know the secret on short ribs - do you braise in the pot?

Yes, it braises in pot. 45 minutes. Plenty of recipes on line. I posted one in the what did you cook last night thread a bit ago.

Honestly, any good pressure cooker recipe will translate well to an Instant Pot or similar model. Kenji has some great ideas on Serious Eats. I made the Chicken, Lentil, and Bacon Stew With Carrots in my Breville recently and they turned out great.