The Cellblock Steakhouse in Ely, Nevada

The Cellblock Steakhouse is a themed restaurant where you sit in your very own jail cell and chow down on one of the best steaks we’ve ever tasted! Has anyone else ever dined at a place like this? This certainly was one of the most fun stops on our recent road trip.

Vvf3MA_2PWY

Reading the title I assumed it was a restaurant that blocked cell phones and I was all in favor. Now I’m less certain :slight_smile:

What did the wine list look like?

[snort.gif] I’d be in favor of that too! It really was a wonderful environment; not sure if no cell phones is policy but I certainly didn’t see anyone yakking away there.

My recollection is that they had a pretty substantial list of California and Oregon labels. I can’t recall if there were many international wines. All three of us were pretty beat, so we ordered caffeinated beverages for a boost. Hopefully there will be a next time for a big red!

I have been through there many times and even stayed a night or two going back and forth to Utah. I never heard of this place. I will have to find it next time I am over there.

Ely, Nevada.
Reminds me of the David Dondero song: Layin’ Low in Ely Nevada.

When you do, I hope to read your review of it here!

Great song! I’ve never heard that artist before, so I checked out some of his other songs on youtube. Pretty good!

He has an interesting voice; he has a travelling troubadour style to his sound.
After seeing the reference to Ely Nevada, I looked to see if he is on tour. His website is horrible. So hard to decipher where he’s performing and what is his new release.

Have not dined there but stayed a couple of nights in Ely during a cross country trip taking the old US highways. The loneliest highway, US 50, passes through there. Picked up some mountain mahogany in Ely for meat smoking which forms a nice smoking charcoal. Not far from the Big Basin NP which turns out to be the least visited NP in the lower 48. Instead of steak i think we ate Chinese while in Ely.

Sounds like you had a great time there, Gary! I wish we could have spent more than one night, Ely seemed like a great place full of history.

We definitely enjoyed our time on The Loneliest Highway. It’s a shame Great Basin is the least visited National Park in the lower 48, we thought it was absolutely beautiful!

LSuTa1uQS24

Lex - Great Basin is the best kept secret in the NPs. For some it may be a bit rustic but the hiking, fishing, and caving it has to offer is pretty spectacular. Very nice video Lex.

Thanks Gary, glad you enjoyed watching it! “Best kept secret” is the exact words my wife used to describe it. We really loved exploring the wide open beauty of the place.