Disfrutar in Barcelona...anyone been? Other suggestions.

I have been reading about Disfrutar in Barcelona…three chefs from the defunct El Bulli. Does anyone here have an opinion or experience with this restaurant? Any recent adventures in Barcelona?

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]

I went two years ago, about six months after they opened. It was awesome for a variety of reasons, but the meal was fantastic. I sat at the bar and had the larger tasting menu. It seems like the price has ticked up with their recognition, but if you haven’t been - go! Wine list was very reasonable - I had a bottle of 2006 Juve y Camps Brut Milesieme Blanc de Blancs for something ridiculous like 35 Euro (about 50% markup from retail) which is a wine that I love and worked very well with the variety of flavours and textures of the tasting menu.

I leave for Barcelona next week, and if I didn’t have a ton of other places I want to go to, I would go again. For tasting menu places, I’m going to Montiel and Ten’s Tapas (Jordi Cruz) and have a bunch of easier going places on my list as well.

When do you leave?

Thank you so much! We don’t leave till next Fall but you can now make rezzies 180 days in advance. Last time we dined at Cinc Sentis, and Cal Pep among others. Please post on your adventures and thanks again.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Marshall: We loved Lasarte (3 m stars) a little more than Disfrutar. But you can’t go wrong with either.

You’re welcome. Just make the reso when the come available in March/April. So good! I’ll drop you a note with other places when I’m back.

Was in Barcelona in June 2017 - had wonderful meals at:

Monvinic

gresca - chef’s counter

Sergi De Meia

Enjoy

We tried for reservations a month in advance over the summer for Disfrutar and they were booked solid. Make reservations early. We have good friends that loved Disfrutar so much they ate there twice! Tickets Restaurante is also well regarded but was also booked solid when we tried for reservations. We ate at Montiel based on recs from the board and it was a lovely meal and relatively affordable at 100 Euros all in for prix fix with pairings. Embarrassment of riches for restaurants in Barcelona.

Don’t fret if you can’t get into Tickets. Go to Bodega 1900! Love that place. It’s Albert Adria’s place also. As for one of the small tables in the front windows if there are only two of you. Best seats - there’s one on each side.

The meal I had at Cinc Sentis remains one of the best I’ve ever had. Main was a duo of roast kid and iberico loins.