Stainless cookware options other than All-Clad

Just finishing our Kitchen Reno and looking for cookware suggestions other than All-Clad, or are they the best

Get the all clad and look for the warehouse sales, fantastic pricing

Demeyere is the other well-known high end producer, also pricey. You may find the following write-up to be useful for considering options.

-Al

Carrie has the chef series All-Clad and wouldn’t trade them. We have a home commercial kitchen with gas Thermador cooktop and the All-Clad holds up very well.

I have Paderno Professional stainless pots, very heavy, made in Prince Edward Island, CA years ago. Used on Queen Elizabeth’s ship, airplane and Air Force One.
Lifetime warranted. NOT THE NEW Italian made Paderno pots. Mine are at least 25 years old and look and cook as new.
If you can find some anywhere buy them !

I find cookware preference to be different from individual to individual and can change with what one is cooking on. We have an assortment of pans in our house and what my wife preferred differed from what I did on our prior range. After the renovation and upgrading to a Bluestar, her cookware of choice has changed and more closely (but not totally) aligns with mine. I wouldn’t buy a set of anything without buying a single piece first to try out.

Regarding All-Clad, I love my older stuff. My master chef pieces, which are 20 years old, are still what I reach for first. However, I believe the current cookware is thinner than the old stuff. I threw out my LTD sauté pan because it wasn’t really non-stick and it was too thin and basically a bad pan.

Lastly, I’m not sold that I need top quality for all my pans. My stock pots and larger sauce pans are all cheap most of which come from restaurant supply stores or other cheap brands that I bought when in college.

I bought all clad after cooks illustrated continually rated them top. Zero complaints after 5 years

About 10 years ago, I upgraded from a mix of all clad and cast iron to a mix of Demeyere and carbon steel from de Buyer. Life is so much better now.

I do still have a cast iron skillet for when I really need a perfect sear. But both the heavier carbon steel pans and the Demeyere proline skillets sear pretty darn well. Demeyere Industry-5 I like less well, but it works well for cooking with some liquid in the pan. And it still has the Demeyere finish for easy clean up.

Quite happy for my De Buyer pans. Not pretty, but real workhorses.

Thanks for all the suggestions, we went with induction cooking so all your suggestions are great. Let the research
Begin.

Check out Cuisinart Multiclad Pro. I have a set and like them.

I know it’s not stainless, but I switched to De Buyer steel carbon and now I hardly ever touch my All Clads. At another level and will have for the rest of my life…a work horse at a great price!

FYI the next all clad factory seconds sale will be November 5-7. Some really good deals. Will post a link and code when available

Thanks Chris, that would be awesome!

Perfect timing for me! I am in the market for some new pots and pans, as my florida kitchen has an induction range and I am starting from scratch.

I have had an assortment of All Clad for about 15 years now. Still going strong.

All-Clad is (or was) well-made cookware but I don’t like the handles. For me, the best stainless skillets and frypans are Demeyere’s top of the line; that used to be their Atlantis and Sirocco but I’m a bit confused by their current labelling (I think that Atlantis/5 Star/Proline mark their best frypans). I got both a 10- and 12-inch Demeyere Sirocco (a discontinued line) fry pans in great condition on eBay for a fraction of the price for new stuff but I had to be patient until they came up.

These days I use tin-lined copper a lot.

They always have All clads at around 1/2 price at Marshall’s/ TJ max ect if you have those. I’ve never been able to see a defect in them except a possible exterior scratch.

I picked up the 11” fry pan, does this need to be seasoned?My wife picked it up and almost dropped it on our newly finished hardwood floor [wow.gif]

Thank you!