Turkey- Where do you buy it?

Typically we use a local butcher who sources from Sheldon Farms. We have also bought from Trader Joes. Open to hearing other sources.

“Turkey- Where do you but it?”

???

Buy
Bought
But

Used to go to d’Artagnan
Now Fresh Direct

The typo has been corrected. Sorry if the post presented an intellectual challenge.

Thanks

put
cut
buy
butt
etc.

[shrug.gif]

Local farm, fresh kill. Had it the first time last year and it was the best tasting turkey in years

I always go to my cousins for Thanksgiving. They buy the precooked turkey from Wegmans.

My wife likes to cook so much I don’t think she would ever buy a precooked bird.

The family joke is that when my cousin moved out my aunt bestowed her recipes on her. The phone number for pizza, the phone number for Frank and Lennys’s, the phone number for…

King’s Supermarket which has a variety of choices. I buy D’Artagnan.

Direct from the winery.

I hope you don’t Pobega it… [berserker.gif]

Trader Joe’s Kosher

+1000. Trader Joe’s kosher turkeys are the best. And you’ve got the added plus that they’ve already been dry brined.

D’Artagnan
Took atvantage of free shipping.
Ordered 22 lbs.
Saved $51. Shipping.
Hopefully the best turkey ever.

Raley’s Jennie-O boneless turkey breast. Even though it comes in a ready to bake bag with spices etc., Carrie removes it, washes the spices off then puts it into a freezer bag with commercial liquid smoke for 24 hours. Baked on a wire rack in a pan with more liquid smoke. Awesome. Day 2 it is smokier on our sandwiches.

I get my turkey’s from Mom’s Organic Market, a small chain in the mid-Atlantic. This year getting one Kelleybronze

And one from Maple Lawn Farm

http://maplelawn.com

Will deep fry the Maple Lawn and Roast the Kelleybronze.

Here in Central Ohio, us hayseeds who want us a fine gore-met gobble-gobbler to fix for the table with rest of our vittles go with Bowman and Landes, a small family-owned farm out of New Carlisle OH near Dayton.
https://bowmanlandes.com/about/
I buy two each Thanksgiving, same size. One gets oven roasted, one get’s smoked on my BGE.
I brine them naturally.
We have a poultry vendor in our so-called farm market downtown (it is more a food court than a farmers market) that will have an entire refrigerated trailer sitting in the parking lot with customers’ reserved B&L birds to pick up during the M, T, and W prior to the big day.

I think a 100 years ago or so on the old eBob Board someone recco’d the Greenberg Smoked turkey and I ordered one.
Damn, that had to be one of the most over-smoked things-that-get-smoked that I have ever tried to eat.
All these years later I still get emails and brochures from them. I guess I lack the heart to tell them that their bird is awful. You would think they would have dropped me by now. They are the Benovia/Kosta Browne of the turkey world.