What’s your go-to sauce for Filet Mignon?

Doing a Flannery Tenderloin for Christmas this year. Last time I did a red wine reduction that was very good but I’m always looking for something different. Anything I can do in advance and rewarm for dinner without separation issues?

[popcorn.gif]

I have made this sauce before on filet mignon steaks.
Definitely reheatable, it is not hot spicy and topped with a little queso fresco

Do a bunch of oxtail stock. Reduce to smithereens. Nice dark roux whipped w some caramelized garlic and oh yeah pepper. Combine at last minute or in advance.

Peppercorn sauce or ‘diane’ for the relatively bland Filet. As long as you don’t boil it, it shouldn’t separate when re-heating.

I like the idea of a green peppercorn sauce. I also love Marchand de Vin. I still think the best sauce for Filet is Bearnaise, which does have a tendency to separate. I find when i do the Bearnaise in the blender, it doesn’t separate as quickly. Then there is the old standby Horseradish sauce which can be made well in advance.
What i have been doing is making 3 or 4 sauces and let people choose their personal favorite.

That sounds like a fun idea but I’m trying to minimize my time in the kitchen away from the family rather than increase it.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Very much appreciated.

1-1/4 cups red wine, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon unsulfured molasses, bit of ground allspice. Boil ingredients until thick and syrupy - 15 minutes or more.

Bottle of Ruby Port reduced to about a cup.
Cup of veal Demi-glacé
Wedge of St Andre triple creme cheese

After Port reduces, add veal Demi. Add pieces of St Andre and stir until completely dissolved. Salt to taste. (This is even better when foie gras drippings are added.)

How’s that diet going?? [wink.gif]

https://www.cookstr.com/recipes/horseradish-cream-sauce

Horseradish and mustard cream sauce from the Silver Palate cookbook. Delicious!

Lots of choices. Thanks everyone. Looks like I’ll do three or four dfferent ones and let guests sample.

Saliva. My own. I’m not a fan of filet but if you force me to eat it, I will not slobber sauce all over it,

when dining out I go for peppercorn

at home: salt/pepper garlic, butter, thyme

Correct! Sauce not needed, let the wine shine on a relatively bland piece of meat.

I’ve tried a lot of sauces, but none on the extreme. A-1 and Worcestershire sauce was all I had growing up, but it helped the very well done filet my mom would make. Green peppercorn sauce was the first new sauce I tried and it was fabulous. I had to settle for Bearnaise sauce once and it was stellar too. Carrie does a Cabernet reduction with some beef base, Worcestershire sauce and either minced or roasted garlic, depending on the meat cut. It’s awesome. Usually, on the meat while cooking, but excellent for dipping.

I’m partial to Bearnaise in general, but if you’re making multiple sauces I’d consider Chimichurri. It might not be the ideal thing for filet, but it rocks with just about any meat and it’s pretty foolproof.

Well, since you’re not on the guest list I’ll just have to rough it a cook up something.

Any Vegans want to chime in and tell me not to eat a slaughtered animal?

Are you vegan-intolerant?

Only when I cook.