Built in grills

Any recs for a natural gas built in grill? The Napoleon offerings seem good; lynx professiobal series seem to be a lot more expensive, worth it?

I have had a Napoleon outdoor gas grill for 5 years. Never heard of it but I trusted my bbq store.Excellent reliable quality

Did you get a rotisserie or any of the add ons?

I got a Lion a few years ago and am very happy with it.

I got the rotisserie(used once and it worked fine) and side burner.

Just put in a Lynx this summer. Nice grill all in all, but the slots for the drippings aren’t large enough or angled enough to make it to the drip pan. Other than that grill gets nice and hot super fast.

Are you talking about one in a kitchen? I have a Blue Star…

Outdoor grills. Built in rather than free standing.

I got a natural gas Grand Turbo 38 inch this last summer. Replaced the original Grand Turbo that had done a great job for 12 years of heavy use. Repairs vs. new made it easy and like all the new features like inside lights and 2 sear burners.

All of my buddies that have done built-in grills have eventually been disappointed. Inevitably something goes bad in it and they have to replace it with something new which leads to stone or brick work if not countertops.

I have an AOC 36 inch built in. Going on 8 years old. Igniters needed to be replaced but still going strong. Gets extremely hot.

“Second Label” of Fire Magic. Far more reasonably priced.

I have a Lynx thats around 8-9 years old and I’m not overly impressed with the quality, but I’m pretty sure that’s before they had a “professional series”, so maybe they’ve fixed some of the issues I have.

I’ve had/have issues with the glow plug igniters and the lights.
You press in on the burner gas knob to engage the glow plugs and two of the three of them no longer work, so I light it using a butane lighter but that’s a bit tricky unless you like that “Whuump” sound when the gas finally catches.

One of the brass burners has started to burn through but I think there is a lifetime warranty.
And maybe because I do get it really hot to sear a steak the springs that help lift the top fail every 9-12 months, so I’ve learned to buy them 4-6 at a time.

On the positive side it can get blazing hot and the construction is very sturdy.
I also like the lava rock instead of SS flavorizer bars, although I’m on my third set of those.
The grill design is very similar to that used by Steak & Ale back in the 70’s.

On my to do list is to look into what it will cost me to refurbish it as a DYI.
Overall I would give it an 8 out of ten, it does a good job cooking, it just annoys me the quality isn’t there with the small things.

I put in a DCS last summer; I also considered Lynx and Alfresco. DCS had better warranty and BTU output was 85k vs. 89k IIRC. what ultimately tipped the scales was BBQguys.com was running a special where they threw in free dual side burner which made the DCS a no-brainer. It gets ripping hot, much more so than my old Weber Summit series. I did opt for the rotisserie and also threw in a plancha plate. Only got a half season of use last year but so far I’m a very happy customer.