vegetables to accompany cheese and wine (burgundy)

I am organizing a cheese and wine dinner for some friends, to educate them a bit on burgundy wines but mainly to have a good time.

Wines will be cote de beaune 2008 + 2009 in white, cote de beaune 2009 in red and cote de nuits in 2010 and 2006. Nothing major but there may be some interesting ones, like a meursault tessons 2009 from Pierry morey tessons 2009 and a VR Suchots 2010 from Maniere (a cheap producer which makes decent wine in good vintages like 2005 and 2010).

Cheeses are fully covered. But I am thinking about the vegetables to go along with the food, just to balance out a bit the heavy cheese…

I was thinking stuff like a shaved fennel salad on top of pancette, and sprinkled with parmesan, but any other original thoughts about what could go well. I haven’t found anything so far. It shouldn’t be too acidic or lactic (eg youghurt dressing) I think. Any thoughts?

Original ?, perhaps not, but mine: Roasted red peppers, sauteed mushrooms, asparagus cooked al-dente.

thanks, green asparagus and mushrooms might be a good option. We usually have the white ones in Belgium, but season only starts in a couple of weeks…

Definitely something with mushrooms, and I think morels are especially good with red (and even white) Burgs.

Asparagus can work with some white Burgs, but I think a cream sauce might help. Maybe a carrot soup, too.

A spinach quiche would be a different way to go, as it’s not a side dish but could be good with the whites.

Thanks - going in the direction of a quiche is indeed a good idea! I like this one.

roasted cauliflower with garlic could work well.

have to disagree—asparagus kills burgundy and I’d never have it w Burgs.

+1 (or more ) on that, asparagus kills most wines.

With the reds, roasted beets. And mushrooms as already mentioned.

Sun-Dried Tomatoes.
Mushrooms.
Olives.
Radishes.

Salty/savory combos are usually the best bets, would avoid anything pickled or high vinegar because of abrasiveness. Mushrooms work great especially when stuffed, almost act as a red meat in terms of what you can stuff it with. Anything you can add a salty cheese to is possible as well.