Chiltern Firehouse

Flying across the pond next week and I’m very much looking forward to dining at the Chiltern Firehouse. I will provide a review upon my return.

champagne.gif [cheers.gif]

Very interested. We have a reservation there for mid April.

Bravo on the Chiltern Firehouse, for me it was the culinary highlight to our London trip, followed shortly by Chutney Mary’s.

The Chiltern is a very hip and fashionable place. There’s multiple rooms including a courtyard area. The menu is more traditional format with Starters, Main Course and Side Dishes, it’s not a multi-course wine pairing affair like I’ve had at other 3 start Michelin restaurants.

We started with an interesting savory Martini that included St. Germaine and fresh Dillweed. Very tasty indeed. BTW, Gin based drinks are the thing in London and around the UK. For my Starter I had an unusual take on steak tartar that included some crushed nuts on top. Not sure about that one, but that was inconsequential, because the Main course of roasted Iberico Pork was out of this world. Truly a remarkable dish. The sides were also very good. If you’re looking for magic smoke, artistic plates and off the charts creativity, this is not the place. It’s just a well executed menu with good service and a hip cool atmosphere.

Other 3* places? It doesnt have any stars currently.

I’ve never been so I can’t comment on the quality.

I just checked the Michelin star guide for London (2019) and you’re correct. Hmmmm, I read somewhere that it had 3 Michelin stars. The head chef is formerly of elBulli. Well, that explains some things. Nevertheless, it was quite good and have no issue recommending it.

Having looked at the Michelin guide for London I can recommend the following places (been to all of them):

L’Atelier De Joel Robuchon
Veeraswamy - although I think Chutney Mary is better
Pollen Street Social
Murano
Le Gavroche

I was pushing for Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester for lunch, but got out voted in favor of The Grill at the Savoy. No complaints it was quite good.