Restaurant Recommendations - St Emilion

My wife and I are leaving on Sunday to visit the Bordeaux region for the first time, and we’ll be spending the first few nights in St. Emilion. We’ve read a number of sites that rank and review restaurants, but I thought it only made sense to ask for food and wine recommendations on a forum that discusses food and wine! We currently have a reservation at La Table de Plaisance, but I wanted to see if there are other great places we should try for lunch or dinner. And feel free to interpret “great” however you’d like. I don’t necessarily mean fancy, formal, or expensive; it could be special because of its atmosphere, views, food, or (or course!) wine list [cheers.gif]. Any suggestions - and reasons why - will be a big help!

Enjoyed this very casual bistro, L’Envers du Décor, for lunch and was recommended by the proprietor of the winery we visited in Pomerol (Alexandre of VCC).

A couple of years ago, we had lunch here and it was wonderful: Logis de la Cadène | Restaurant - Logis de la Cadène

We had a great meal here in July. Nothing fancy but excellent food and we thought reasonable. https://www.chai-pascal.com/