Buttermilk roasted chicken.

saw this on a cooking show. Stupid easy so I tried it. Amazing. Whole chicken in a plastic bag, cover with buttermilk and leave in fridge 1-2 days. Remove from bag and wipe off most buttermilk. Add some spices of choice to skin—I used garlic powder and pepper. Roast at 350. It was awesome. Crispy skin and great flavor. I used an organic free range bird from Pasture Bird.

I use the smitten kitchen recipe and it is the best chicken recipe I have even seen. Easy and perfect every time. I probably make it once a month.

Did you spatchcock?

yes.

how is it different?

I like to add some Nashville hot spice mix to my buttermilk and then Soak the chicken for a couple of days. Cooks up great, nice and juicy with mild heat and crispy skin

Buttermilk, crushed garlic, and paprika marinade. Roasted at a higher temp.

will try it. Thanks.

Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat has an amazing buttermilk roasted chicken (but I prefer to spatchcock the chicken rather than roasting it whole).
https://www.saltfatacidheat.com/buttermilkmarinated-roast-chicken

Both the Netflix show and the book are great, I can’t recommend them highly enough.

I should add that the smitten kitchen recipe isn’t a whole chicken. It’s bone in skin on parts.