Coffee Filters

What coffee filters do you recommend?

I have a Technivorm Moccamaster (CDT) that is about ten years old. Still going strong. Used the standard Melita natural filters for years. Saw a few others out there. Anyone see a noticeable difference with a different brand? It’s a No 4 cone.

For context, I use Hario brand when I brew via pour over and Chemex when I brew with the Chemex.

I’m a big fan of the Swiss Gold / Cilio filters, personally. I think it makes a difference in flavor (no paper taste, which I didn’t realize I was actually tasting) and it’s super easy to clean. I’m also using a Technivorm (have been for ~10 years) and it’s a great pairing.

Technivorm here, too, Number 4 unbleached Trader Joe filters.

Trader Joes unbleached

Didn’t even think about stopping at Trader Joe’s. Bet the price is solid on those.

I have a Swiss Gold as well. I don’t dislike the coffee that comes from it but it seems to be just off. Maybe it’s the grind setting?

Probably 1/3 of the price of the name brand

After some experimentation I’d highly recommend the Moccamaster no 4 filters. $5 for 100 filters is not going to make much of a difference. In fact my observation is that they offer considerable savings since they are less permeable and so require fewer grinds. Also the taste is much better imho.

Trader Joe’s. The box of 100 coincides with the cleaning interval. New Box, time for descaling.

Just cheap unbleached paper filters with the Technivorm for me. I don’t like the gold filters. They need a finer grind, I’m told, but even then I don’t care for the texture.

Could be? I keep mine left of center, towards coarse grind. Anything to the right of center and the coffee starts getting murky/sludgy.