Epicurean reward for congeniality...

My son just started a job in San Rafel.

My wife’s brother’s wife’s mother lives alone in Larkspur, and she is having slight difficulties with memory and mobility, but is generally good company. My bro-in-law and his wife usually check in with her or hang a little each day.

My wife’s brother and his wife are away for the summer, so they offered my son free rent if he’d live with Grandma M for ten weeks.

My son said it would be fine, he enjoys her company, and he moved in this week.

The first night, they ate at Picco (only a couple blocks from her house) and she loves having multiple small plates, as does my son. Yay.

Second night, she says, “Do you know how to cook steaks?”

He says, “Oh, yeah!”

She takes him to the freezer, opens it, and says (and I quote)… “All Flannery, all the time!” The Flannery people deliver it personally when she reorders. She only eats Flannery meats when she cooks meat dishes.

She likes to entertain small gatherings and they will be cooking together.

My son texted me with a big poop-eating grin emoji attached.

He has a new bestie who is epicurean!

So, I just wanted a chance to name check Flannery and describe how great they are to the locals, as well!

(Last year, we were in Mill Valley for Thanksgiving week, and Flannery also hand delivered the most delicious California Reserve 7 Rib Dry Aged Prime Rib Roast we ever tasted. What a cool company.)

A huge +1

That’s wonderful! and Bravo to your son!

Is there an extra bedroom available? Asking for a friend… [wow.gif]

But seriously, that’s an awesome win-win for everyone involved!

What a great story Anton, and fantastic that your son gains a new friend and this woman gets to have someone to share her food interests with.

And, as always, Flannery rocks. Last Christmas I introduced Flannery to my family - did a big 8 bone dry-aged roast that everyone RAVED about. Since I staged it all at my mom’s house, and she lives alone, I bought her some ‘unmatched’ ribeyes as a thank-you to her. She still talks about how great they were.

A+++ for your son. I’ve had multiple elder care situations in my life and I can say they have been the most rewarding, in some ways more so than parenting.