CARROTS à la Eric Ripert/Le Bernardin

I have to admit that high-quality organic carrots need normally only butter/oil. BUT I love to add exotic spices like Dukka, Raz-el-hanout, Cumin etc. to vegetables, just for another twist or another extra dimension. These carrots are a nice side dish for any fish&meat and works extremely well with duck breast.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/content/?p=5575

ENJOY
Martin

Carrots + cumin = [winner.gif]

Carrots with fresh-ground cardamom are delicious too.

Years ago he made this dish on his show Avec Eric (PBS) and I’ve made it this exact way ever since. Good post Martin.

Very nice! We have been cooking our carrots in a very similar manner for quite a while.

Cheers!
Marshall

Thanks! So simple. Love it.

Jason

Looks delicious – how long do you sauté the carrots before adding water?

Just 1 min.

Thx

Why does that sound like the carrots are going to be way overcooked? But it sounds tasty!

My question too.

This is the same technique that Jacques Pépin uses for the onions, carrots, and mushrooms in his Beef Stew recipe. 15 minutes with a little bit (1/4c) of water, and they come out near perfect every time. It seems like a signifiant amount of time to steam them, but carrots are a very hardy vegetable. If you did this with broccoli you’d end up with mush, but the carrots can hold up to the longer temperature. Worst case scenario, you lower the time to 10 minutes if a bit more bite suites you.

TW

cumin and sumac :heart_eyes:

We’re beginning to harvest our carrots here. This is a timely thread, thank you!