Anyone using a propane Blackstone griddle?

My son just got this and we cooked on it for the first time last night. It’s like a gas grill except the top is a flat-top surface, like in a restaurant kitchen. We made a chicken stir fry with shitakes, sugar snap peas, grated carrots, edamame, rice, and scrambled egg. Really quick cooking time. Came out great.

You tube has a couple of hundred videos on things people cook on these things, but I thought I’d start a post to see if this product has any fans here and what people like to cook on it.

There is a vendor at our local farmers market using one to prepare arepas. Seems to work pretty well.

Anyone bought a Blackstone or similar outdoor griddle?

Contemplating taking advantage of the holiday sales and buying an outdoor griddle.

What size? Lid or no lid? Uses?

We have the 28 inch, no lid. Mostly used for smash burgers. We love it!

1 Like

I added a XL model to my outdoor kitchen. It’s an excellent addition to the two eggs with the 28" plus griddle and 2 side burners.

1 Like

My son bought one (no lid) to make pancakes for his company’s ‘breakfast’ team building event a couple of years ago. He brought it home and I recall him making burgers on it once and fajitas on another occasion. As far as I know he hasn’t used it much beyond that. I think, for him, it’s a space and accessibility thing. He has a built-in gas grill and an Ooni pizza oven as well, so he does a fair amount of outdoor cooking overall.

1 Like