The Big Cheese

An American cheese named top of the heap!

Picked some up yesterday, by happenstance!

Look forward to a tasting note!
Not that we can likely get it up here in the Great White, but I do have American friends that come up this way from time to time, so a care package is a possibility.

A creamy, moist, bright, decidedly non-funky, bottomless depth of flavor. It hits the palate expansively with everything in place, nothing poking out. It’s just perfect.

Great cellar er, cheese note. Maybe we need to award Porker Points to cheeses…? [wink.gif]

It’s a very good cheese. Haven’t had it in a couple of years though. Should remedy that.

Rogue River Blue is excellent, as is Rogue River’s Caveman Blue.

A cheese plate the other night of Rush Creek Reserve, Black Betty, Selles-sur-Cher, and Rogue River Blue was pretty special.

Holy dairy cow, yeah. One of my favorite treats is dipping Marcel Petit comté into RCR rather than a cracker… champagne.gif

That’s the keto method. :slight_smile:

I tasted Rogue River Blue and Rogue River Caveman Blue side by side last night. Texturally, I prefer the crunchies in the Caveman. Tastewise, maybe a slight edge to Blue. They are both excellent.

Looking forward to picking up my first chunk of this year’s Black Betty tomorrow.

Mark - it is excellent. I served it to some folks recently who had never had anything remotely similar and they were blown away.

I’ll bet! cheesehead

Ate RR Blue and RR Caveman Blue again tonight. My preference is Caveman. RR Blue tastes too spoofy sweet (wine soaked grape leaves and poire eau de vie) compared to Caveman. YMMV.

Edit: Went to my local fromagerie today while they cut their first Black Betty of the year (I bought the first piece). Not as crystalline yet as in prior years, but intensely flavorful. Genius plus.