Gluten free + vino

Wondering if there is an interest in a thread on restaurants that are good for gluten free eating and wine. Didn’t see one but admit I didn’t look too hard. My wife tested positive for celiac disease and as a result our restaurant choices are significantly more narrow now. She has an app that covers the gluten-free part but nothing on wine. Will be traveling to Seattle area, Denver, and Boston in next few months. Any others interested in this?

I’m in. My wife also has celiac and it’s always a struggle/guess to know if she’ll be limited when we go out to dinner

Travel report
Seattle: Wild ginger (downtown) very gluten friendly and has terrific wine list and has been written about elsewhere in WB. Orfeo (belltown) was gluten friendly and you should be able to find wines you like. Very good restaurant in Edgewater hotel, with a great view, was gluten friendly and a descent wine list.
Port Townsend: Banana leaf Thai bistro was gluten accommodating, not much of a wine list so did takeout. Crispy garlic duck was fabulous.

Really? I was diagnosed as Celiac about 2.5 years ago and have never had issues finding something good to eat outside of some Chinese places and Pizza joints.

We just mention on booking.

Yes, really Russell. While I am fortunate not to experience celiac, I’ve learned a great deal about it from my wife who does have it and from other sources on how damaging this can be to chronic long term health. It is particularly a concern for those like my wife who have “silent” celiac capable of being diagnosed at this stage only through antibody testing and a biopsy revealing a diseased-looking small intestine. This means being vigilant on a restaurant’s practices as well as staff awareness. I am surprised on how casual your comment sounds.

Not casual at all. I’ve had the endoscopy, know all about it.

But I’ve found staff well informed, maybe led by the EUs laws on ‘allergen’ labelling.

Oddly it’s usually the very high end and chain places that are most aware. But even our neighbourhood bistro (€16 for three courses including wine) adapt their basic three choice menus for me and are aware of cross contamination issues.