Lobster source?

Not really a lobster person but need some for the holidays. Is there a Flannery equivalent for lobster? Or any source in Chicago area? Or just go to Costco?

Looking forward to the answers!

I will join you in watching the replies!

Costco has lobsters?

I usually get mine at a grocery in Chinatown - best prices I’ve found

Argyle or Wentworth?

Wentworth. I don’t trust the grocery on Argyle

Well that’s specific…

No idea about Chicago, but what you want is fresh, the fresher the better.

There used to be (maybe still is) an entire 747 loaded with fresh Maine lobster that took off from Bangor airport the morning of New Year’s Eve to get to Paris in time for the reveillon (French New Year’s celebration, where lobster is often served).

champagne.gif

champagne.gif

Mayflower Market, usually

I fucking hate lobster ///mom is turning 94, her request…just thought I’d ask…

Sweet. You’re welcome

We typically order through our local seafood store and they have all been great and they steam them.

Ohio has this:

If you want to drive out to Villa Park you can get all you want at Supreme Lobster. I think many/most butchers around here use them. I like the place but it’s a haul for me so I rarely go.

From one nice Jewish boy to another - the prices are the best because the Chinese markets get the crappy leftovers that no one else will take. Hold the lobster vertical with the head up and if the tail does not immediately curl up, the lobster may be dead before you get home.

Thanks. Freshness has never been an issue so far, but I don’t take just any lobster. I’ve seen this issue in Anglo markets as well

It took over the business flow from Isaacson and Stein, near Fulton and Halsted, when the owners sold the building and retired.

if you can even find live lobster is most Anglo markets