TN: Beef Jerky From C-Star Provisions

C-Star Provisions, part of Cowboy Star Restaurant & Butcher Shop. We had several C-Star beef jerky samples sent to us by a friend to introduce the product, should we want to retail them at the store. We wound up ordering the American Wagyu Steakhouse Recipe and the American Angus Chimichurri. DO NOT eat this stuff if you are prone to food addiction. Though the Wagyu is bland compared to the Chimichurri, both are extremely flavorful. 3 ounces lasted 3 minutes and I’m looking for more. The Wagyu has honey, garlic puree, smoked paprika, ancho chili power and red wine vinegar powder. Both are relatively tender, not like trying to tear off a piece of regular jerky, I can chew this without pulling my dentures out. The Chimichurri has honey, granulated garlic, granulated onion, red wine vinegar powder, dried parsley and dried Oregano with explosive flavors that highlight the garlic.

Carrie used to make a variety of beef jerky that she wholesaled to a number of businesses until we opened the shop. This is a different style than Carrie’s but gets her two thumbs up approval and I agree. If you can find it, give a try.

San Diego location.

https://www.shopcstar.com/

Just ordered the peppercorn. Thanks for the link.