Damn it; I like ketchup with my hot dog.

Seems to be an almost universally held food no no; and I imagine I may lose friends over this.

But for me, the sweetness of the ketchup marries beautifully with the salt of the dog. All you need is a touch of mustard for perfection.

please let us know when you start putting ketchup on a bologna sandwich.

yes, yes, I can hear the cries: “I would never eat a bologna sandwich!”

but isn’t that really just a hot dog packaged differently?

post of the decade.

There’s only one…

I haven’t had a cold hot dog since I was 6. But I do buy Hebrew National bologna a couple of times a year. I lived on the cheap stuff as a kid though so it’s a nostalgia trip for me. Never thought of ketchup on one though, but it sounds awful.

I even put ketchup on my Chicago dogs.

BB0772B8-6C0D-4139-8A9D-7F2B3C1900F1.jpeg

Mark => Heathen

Chris => double damned heathen

How do you guys manage to find room after you add the mayo?

Lots of you ketchup on hot dog people also put ketchup on your eggs. GASP.

I’ll admit to ketchup on dogs sometimes, nice switch up from mustard and imo it goes very well with brats and Italians too.

But ketchup on a Chicago dog??? C’mon now - that’s as offensive as putting ketchup on a gyro sandwich or carne asada tacos!

I can only conclude something’s wrong with the water in MN…very wrong :wink: neener

I grew up with ketchup on my dogs. I did really like mustard and sauerkraut on my dogs but those weren’t offered very often. I moved to the Midwest and was skeptical of the Chicago dog. I love it. Haven’t had ketchup on a dog since. I still do like the occasional sauerkraut dog. Chicago dog at a place that really does it well, like Portillos, with cheese fries is “last meal” worthy.

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

It’s a different discussion, but: yes.

And ketchup doesn’t belong on a sando either.

What about a meatloaf sandwich?

No. Nope. Nada. Ain’t happening. Mustard on the hot dog and so we are clear on this, it is also mustard on fried bologna. I really miss fried bologna sandwiches.

Can do on a meatloaf sandwich BUT I found BBQ sauce was better and did away with the bland. Oh yeah, I also use BBQ on my mashed potatoes instead of gravy.

Let your freak flag fly

St Louis Cards do spring training near us. A few years ago we went to a game (I’M A CUBS FAN). My ordered me a "Chicago Sux Dog.’
I got food poisoning–true story.

I do like ketchup, but no ketchup on our hot dogs.

I don’t know who you are anymore, Mark.