Anyone using Kampot peppercorns?

Just read this article and thought I’d ask for opinions before placing an order:

Don’t recall seeing them before. Penzey’s doesn’t carry them but Google turned up several sources.

I used it, but I was not that such impressed. Maybe I should use a better pepper mill, as I only have a Scandinavian pepper crusher. I read that is helpful to grind the Kampot pepper very fine.

Anyway all the german/swiss foodblogger love Kampot peppercorns.

I was given a 5 kg gift of these in Cambodia from a family that grows them and is affiliated with an organization I work with there. I really liked them. Very pungent and complex. But I should say I am by no means an expert on peppercorns. We are now on the last set of that batch. This post is timely as we need to decide what to replace it with. Or I need to get back to Cambodia!

A friend gave me some from a trip there. They were very good peppercorns but I guess my palate is not sensitive enough for me to have desire to seek them out.

Amazon carries some, both red and white. Good stuff.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the input!

I bough some from the Pepper Project a few years ago and find they are distinctive. There was a small store in Anaheim (940 W. Chapman Ave)

I use these on occasion. I buy them from Kalustyan’s. You can also find just about any other spice you can think of there. They turn product over quickly so they are fresh. My favorite application is to lightly toast them until the fragrance is released, then crush them in a mortar and pestle for steak au poivre. Labor intensive but brings out the character of the spice.