LA Cheese Shops ?

I’ll be visiting family in Westchester(Los Angeles) this March and will be cooking quite a bit during my stay. Would like to find a nice cheese shop that carries good cheeses and charcuterie during my visit. One of the things I’m looking for is feta made from either sheep’s milk or combination of sheep’s & goat’s milk. Any suggestions? Wheel House(Culver City) and Andrew’s Cheese Shop(Santa Monica) are probably closest to me but don’t mind venturing a little bit away from Westchester.

I like wheel house; there is also a decent one in BH and at grand central market.

Cheese Shop of Beverly Hills. Norbert is the man.

love this shop and always go when in the LA area

Agree. I’ve shopped here for decades and its’ the best in LA. Ask for Tony, Norbert or Dom. Not sure you need to go here for Feta though - the places closer to you should have what you’re looking for.

*Cheese Shop BH
*Wally’s Santa Monica (much smaller selection than previously, but they have some difficult to source cheeses)
*Andrew’s Santa Monica
*Eataly Century City has an excellent cheese counter, vying with Cheese Shop BH as the best in the area. And it has a great selection of charcuterie.

I concur with Mark’s list, above, but if you find yourself looking for simple things and don’t want to drive far, there’s a Bristol Farms in Westchester and a Whole Foods in Playa Vista that might meet some of your needs.

DTLA Cheese in Grand Central Market is run by two very passionate cheese loving friends of mine. They also have amazing french butter.

http://www.dtlacheese.com

Thanks everybody. Since I will be in the area for a couple of weeks I will make sure to hit a couple of the cheese shops. I’m familiar with Bristol Farms and Whole Foods Playa Vista as I have been many times and will probably be shopping both places for ingredients to make meals for family while there. Thank you again…Cheers, Gary

Also, Ralph’s (the California Kroger banner) Fresh Fare stores have Murray’s Cheese counters. Their inventory varies by location.