HARISSA CHICKEN

I got 3 glasses Harissa paste as a gift on Xmas, so I had to use it. On youtube I always receive Jamie Oliver food videos. Why that?! Anyway I saw him making a Harissa chicken and thought that would be a good use for my Harissa paste. Typical Jamie Oliver comfort food and it was really good.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/content/?p=5737

I’m a big fan of harissa and chicken Martin, though for mine I use it for a quick meal by grilling chicken in harissa paste, then serve as a sandwich on flatbread with a drizzle of honey and some quick-pickled vegetables (usually carrot, red onion and sometimes radish)

What great timing!

Saturday night we made a similar dish!

1. Harissa: we use powder and create a paste with some olive oil.

I put the paste under the skin and on top, with some added salt sprinkle. (We also put harissa under the skin and on the skin on the bottom of the chicken. I think ‘under the skin’ adds great flavor.)

It’s the front chicken.

1. The back chicken is lemon slices under the skin with ginger powder, and then ginger powder and salt on top.

Then, onto a roasting rack in a roasting pan…and into the Weber with am overgenerous amount of charcoal and ignore for 60 minutes.

Relax, drink wine, and boom, always moist and crispy skin!

Served with carrots sou vide (180 degrees for a couple hours in a sealed bag with butter and brown sugar, then briefly ‘reduced/glazed’ in a pan on the stove.)

Looks good.

I recommend to re-cook my recipe, as I was surprised how good the combo of pepper&chchicken&harissa with coriander/cilantro was. As you all know the roasting of pepper brings a nice sweet flavor and together with the spice of harissa it worked great.

I think I will re-cook it at my Datscha near Berlin, as I have there a more powerful new oven from MIELE. My Smeg at home is a bit old. The roasting in the Miele oven works much better.

P.S. good idea, next time I will also put the Harissa under the skin

Another option if you want to use up the Harissa

I always look forward to your posts.

I’m still planning on making your Penne with Gorgonzola! [cheers.gif]