Rack of lamb ideas

The package had two racks, more than we could eat. I set one aside; the other roasted with mustard, herbs and Panko. It was delicious, but we are cooking the other tonight, and would like an entirely different recipe. Thought about lamb Wellington, but the meat is too thin and would overcook. But happy to cut the meat from the bones if that would make a difference.

cut into chops. season with garlic and fresh thyme and grill 3 minutes first side 2 min second side for single chops. Double bone chops take longer

I saw this on TV and would love to try it. It looked delicious!

We like this one:

A simple one from Tablas Creek:

Cut the racks into four rib racks; salt and pepper
6-8 garlic cloves; finely chopped
6 sprigs rosemary; finely chopped
1-2 tablespoon olive oil

Combine rosemary, olive oil and garlic in a bowl. Season the lamb with salt/pepper, then coat the lamb with the liquid. Let it sit for a half hour, then bake at 450 for around 15 minutes.

I tried this recipe against one with mustard and herbs; slightly preferred the Tablas version. The rosemary is a great foil for lamb. Pair with a Rhone red.

I use Jean-George’s recipe for Mushroom-crusted Lamb Loin and use porcini powder and rack of lamb instead. It’s accompanied by a buttery leek purée that’s so easy and tasty. Here’s the recipe: https://www.foodwine.com/food/special/jeangeorges/lamb.html

Didn’t see this on TV, but read it here…thanks!
Made this the other night. Pretty tasty, will likely do it again.
Advantages are:

• no marinade prep or time required.
  • simple ingredients. I had all on hand except the nice, multicolored carrots which seem to be in most good markets these days.
  • with a just little prep it cooks up very quickly. 15 mins tops.

Depending on size/juiciness you may not need 3 oranges. I used 2 and still had to wait a few extra minutes for it to reduce and get ‘sticky’.