VITELLO TONNATO

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
Martin Zwick

VITELLO TONNATO

#1 Post by Martin Zwick » April 1st, 2020, 9:08 pm

It will be 20 C in Berlin and certainly most parts of Europe on Sunday incl. most of next week. Here I have a suggestion.

And you can open a white wine, Rosé or even better a Champagne. A toast to our health.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/content/?p=5361

2D9035E7-F53F-4B78-9D4B-020528F8E65D.jpeg
„ When this is all over, nobody will admit to ever having supported it“

David Frum

joz€f p1nxten
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: VITELLO TONNATO

#2 Post by joz€f p1nxten » April 2nd, 2020, 9:27 am

Wouldn't you normally boil the meat in stock? I don't have professional equipment to slice the meat very thin, so actually ask my butcher to make - and he makes it very well. I fin that the meat needs to be sufficiently thin as it seems to absorb somehow part of the sauce better. I let it stand an hour in advance of serving.
Jozef

Martin Zwick

Re: VITELLO TONNATO

#3 Post by Martin Zwick » April 2nd, 2020, 11:50 am

joz€f p1nxten wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 9:27 am
Wouldn't you normally boil the meat in stock? I don't have professional equipment to slice the meat very thin, so actually ask my butcher to make - and he makes it very well. I fin that the meat needs to be sufficiently thin as it seems to absorb somehow part of the sauce better. I let it stand an hour in advance of serving.
Traditionally YES, but in the last years many cooks use the method in my recipe. In addition I hate boiled meat.

Also my slices are clearly much thicker, but I like it this way. I want to taste the meat too and not only the sauce.
„ When this is all over, nobody will admit to ever having supported it“

David Frum

Return to “Epicurean Exploits - Food and Recipes”