Mail Order Fruit

Hey gang - any suggestions on the best places to order fruit? We’re munching on some Riviera pears from Harry & David which are amazingly delicious. Looking at some of their fruit clubs, but they’re pricey. I’ll fork it out if it’s worth it, but wanted to check here first. Thanks in advance!

long time ago I bought my wife a Mango of the Month subscription. Did you know there are 10,000 varieties of mango, the Alphonse being the king of mangos? https://www.exoticfruitmarket.net/Mango-of-the-month-club-s/108.htm

For more typical fruit, check out Frog Hollow Farm.

Alan’s recs look pretty impressive. I have had good luck with Golden State Fruit … the season has just ended but where else can you get mail order dekopon?

McLeod Farms
Address: 29247 SC-151, McBee, SC 29101
Phone: (843) 335-8611

Always fantastic peaches.
I’ve been buying from them for years. Order for future delivery, I have.

Lots of interesting medical info by these guys [scratch.gif]

This would-be health advisory informs recipients about the supposedly miraculous cancer killing powers of soursop, the fruit of the Graviola tree.

According to the message, soursop is a natural cancer killer that has been proven to be a whopping 10000 times stronger than chemotherapy in treating cancers. The message also claims that, although drug companies are aware of the graviola’s amazing cancer fighting properties, they have chosen not to release the information to the public or pursue further research because they will not be able to make any money out of it. The message claims that, since the graviola tree is ‘all natural’, it is not patentable and drug companies therefore cannot make profits from it.

McBee peaches (pronounced MAC-bee by the way) are terrific.
Ned, if things don’t calm down soon I’ll have to order mangoes to be shipped to SC this summer.
[head-bang.gif]

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Harry & David monthly fruit club. I was able to google for a discount code which gave me free shipping, over an $80 savings. Appreciate all of the other offers. Until this CV craziness lets up and I can get back to our local markets, this is a good stop-gap.

Not sure where you’re located, but in LA we have a lot of local farms sending out produce boxes now. It’s pretty cool and it’s all super seasonal high quality stuff

Fu. Have you found any good boxes in LA that deliver and are fruit (not vegetable) based?

narrative food and good life organics. GLO has some of the stands I typically buy from. I haven’t bothered with fruit delivery yet tho.

Thx. Just got box of veg from girl n dug that is really nice. Did with somnisls code to support team over there.