Kenny H hot sauce batch #3?

A little over a year later and the 3rd batch I have had the pleasure of trying, as the story goes I believe Mr H scours the Caribbean every year in search of the finest peppers he can find and raises them somewhere in the backwoods of Iowa! (Okay I made that up). So tonight I smoked some eggs with apple wood and made some deviled eggs, standard prep except I used some of the aforementioned sauce in the yoke and on top. Just magnificent! The depth of flavor for a hot sauce is unbelievable it’s not a vinegar base just a savory hot peppery thing with hints of citrus and other things I can’t put my finger on I use it on everything fruit, potatoes, eggs, pizza and fried chicken so good. This stuff is not for the feint of heart it’s hot.

During times like this damn Covid thing something small like this makes you happy and I cannot thank you enough for that! flirtysmile Anyways now that I have stroked your ego “Please sir may I have more” just kidding I think I can get by a little longer. Sloppy picture and prep but in these times sufficient I think and what the hell they only lasted 10 minutes in my house.

A man after my own heart! I also heartily approve of this application, a smoked egg with this sauce is a match made in Martinique.

First off, it is true, I did scour the Caribbean for peppers! I have been propagating these seeds for 5 years now. They were so good when I first had them that I subjected myself to extra USDA inspection at customs on the way back to make sure there was no chance of loss.

Do not despair young Jedi! I still have a half gallon in the fridge ready to bottle and send your way. I also have two huge plants in the basement from last year that are getting ready to see the sun again, along with many other seedlings that are incubating in in the indoor nursery. This will be another banner year!

man i love the hotsauce. It is the greatest thing on eggs. or anything.

Sounds like an awesome project

ok, sold
so how do i get some?

so 2 weeks later and last night there was a small package by my door…
i tried a quick hit and was amazed by the depth of the clean pepper taste but really wanted to wait for eggs this morning, and damn i’m glad i did!
it’s really just deep unadulterated pure pepper flavor with enough fruit and heat to make me happy and linger delightfully for long enough to keep enjoying between bites.
seriously good stuff. i don’t have a high tolerance for heat and can’t tolerate ghosts etc, but this is directly in my wheelhouse.
bravo to the chef
and great thanks [cheers.gif]

Thanks Mark, so glad you enjoy. It is what makes all the work worthwhile. Now, for your fried chicken assignment… champagne.gif