Wine pairings for certain cheeses

My wife and I have a habit of breaking into a block of good cheese for snacking, perhaps more these days now with COVID quarantine. Was wondering what wine pairings you recommend for certain types of cheese. Some of our favorites:

Aged gouda (love mine with at least 3 years of age)
Parmigiano-Reggiano (none of that Kraft s***)
Machego
Camembert
Pont-L’Eveque
Brie

I’m probably going to go against the grain here but I’ve never been a huge fan of pairing wine with cheese, just usually doesn’t work. I also think temperature greatly factors in and cheese at room temp always shows better with wine (not to mention tastes far better too). Disclaimers aside, here’s what I’ve found to work OK:

Aged Gouda: Champagne or full bodied Pinot (but not oak-laden)
Manchego: Champagne, semi-aged Bordeaux or mountain Cab (particularly Mt. Veeder)
Camembert: Champagne or Chard (again, not oak-laden)
Brie: Champagne or Sancerre

So, basically Champagne with everything. I can get behind that :smiley:

Champagne is the “tails” of wine - never fails! :slight_smile:

WHITE WINES!!!
We usually serve a variety of cheeses and pair them with a crusty baguette-like bread and a single wine. Dry to off dry white wines with decent acidity usually work best for us and play well with most cheeses;reds for us have been less successful. Even a sweet white (sauternes, chenin blanc - again with acidity) can be quite good with many cheeses not just in the classic blue cheese pairing. When I am snacking on a single cheese I will pull out the wheat thins and pour whatever white is in the fridge. I feel like snacking on cheese, wheat thins and wine myself now!

Experiment! Keep a couple of modest whites available in the fridge and get snacking and pairing!

Got plenty of whites, especially riesling and chardonnay in the fridge. Wheat Thins are crack.