Best Banana Bread

one of the things I’ve done during this shutdown is bake, not at Christine’s level, but some simple stuff. I’ve tried 3 different banana bread recipes and this one is absolutely the best.
70C0B344-EBCB-4974-AFB2-2F0C3A44D0A1.jpeg
F99C6DEC-DB95-40E1-A4E5-A567E7486E00.jpeg
Only modification I made is 375 degree oven 45-50 minutes, not 40.

Where are the chocolate chips. I don’t eat no banana bread without chocolate chips flirtysmile

I just made some two nights ago. I went with some toasted pecans in the mix as I prefer those to walnuts. But I definitely almost always go for nuts or choc. chips.

That’s just wrong.

Where are the nuts?

We use BA’s best banana bread recipe and enjoy it. It has the option of chocolate chips but that’s a no go in our house.

We use the cook’s illustrated recipe and omit the fresh banana on top. It works well enough for our house.

I will admit that sometimes I overbuy bananas just to see if I can eek a banana bread out of my wife.

good call Alan

I made the Smitten Kitchen recipe yesterday, very similar to what you posted except more banana, egg and a longer cook

the NYT banana muffins are pretty killer too

incredibly similar. I will try it. I don’t leave it uncovered. I cover w a paper towel. Thanks.

Chocolate chips and walnuts.

I’ve been doing this:

with Greek yogurt

Someone posted this on Facebook. Includes strawberries. Haven’t tried, but it’s almost identical otherwise to what we make, minus the strawberry. Plus we add chocolate chips and pecans.

[drinkers.gif]

On Wineberserker! [snort.gif]

This!
My family did not like the “planked” banana on the top. I modify the CI’s recipe with a bit of cinnamon
love the part where you microwave the bananas and then reduce the liquid they create.

intense banana flavor and the best use for BLACK bananas

True story!

I use the cook’s illustrated “Best Banana Bread” recipe and it works well, but I haven’t seen the other version with bananas baked on top. That sounds weird. This one involves a little yogurt in the batter. It calls for walnuts, but I always opt for pecans. Toasted with some butter or even a little peanut butter, paired with some good coffee…great way to start a day.

It’s almost identical to the recipe I use except I use buttermilk instead of regular milk. Instead of butter, I sometimes use grapeseed or olive oil or coconut oil.

friend made banana bread and she added some finely minced pineapple. It added moisture and a subtle background of pineapple. I’ve now done it twice—added a can of baby food pineapple, as it’s 100% fruit. Cook it a few minutes longer. Nice.

I make an extra loaf, let it sit for a day or so, then make banana bread pudding with warm Bourbon sauce.
My wife’s fave dessert in the world.

sounds great combining two of my favorites.

Milk in Banana Bread? [scratch.gif]