Updated recipe: Coconut chocolate chip cookies.

Paradise Bakery made amazing coconut chocolate chip cookies but the bakery near me closed. I’ve tried about 4 times varying ingredients to duplicate their cookie. Good but not the same. Less butter, coconut extract, more coconut, wheat flour, coconut palm sugar. Going to try chilling dough and a couple other variables. Any ideas? I emailed a remaining bakery but doubt they will part w the recipe.

Buy the bakery.

always so helpful.

A business will generally not divulge its proprietary recipe, technology, or process, except upon sale to a new owner. Even then, the sale-and-purchase contract will likely forbid the old owner from sharing that with any third party afterwards.

Bon Appetit magazine had a section where readers wrote in for recipe requests from restaurants. Maybe the publicity will entice them to give out the recipe.

I’ve had chefs and restaurants give proprietary recipes fairly often.

You are lucky.
We never give out our noodle or dumpling recipes. (Not that anybody has ever asked…)

7th batch and I think nailed it:

Beat 1 stick softened salted butter w 3/4 cup dark brown sugar/palm sugar mixture. Add 1 t coconut extract and one egg. Mix. Add in 1 c whole wheat flour, 1 t baking powder and 1 c combination sweetened and unsweetened coconut. Mix in 1/2 c choc chips.

Tablespoonful of mixture flattened on an ungreased cookie sheet 11-12 minutes at 375 degrees.

There was the coroner that one time

He was spotting entering the kitchen, but seen never again.

Final:

Beat 1 stick softened salted butter w 3/4 cup dark brown sugar/palm sugar mixture. Add 1 t coconut extract and one egg. Mix. Add in 1 c whole wheat flour, 1 t baking powder and 1 c combination sweetened and unsweetened coconut. Mix in 1/2 c choc chips.

Tablespoonful of mixture flattened on an ungreased cookie sheet 11-12 minutes at 375 degrees.

Some day, I will share a special recipe to grind subprime meat (30 days past due) into freshly Prime-rated dumplings.

So, Victor has made 5 comments on my thread, none of which add any substantive information to the subject at hand. Seems par for the course for him muddling everyone’s threads with his unwanted wit or advice.

Thanks, Alan. I’m going to try to talk my daughter into making these!

Alan, you must know that the best way to deal with that is by ignoring, right? J

did she?

Not yet. Still negotiating.

another batch today. Office staff insisted. Hit preheat on the oven and by the time it reaches temp, I’ve got the dough ready. It really is quick.

Finally got them thicker. Heaped the dough up in a cylinder so it wouldn’t flatten as much. Will try chilling it but I’m pretty happy w the recipe.

Just made these. I did a half batch (freezing the remainder).

Very tasty, though mine only needed 10 minutes. Next time I’ll do a heaping tablespoon rather than flat as the cookies were quite small. Possibly that’s why they needed less time than you cited?

I expected (feared?) a stronger coconut flavor but it was a nice background note.

I use a heaping T, end up making 10 cookies per batch. Glad you liked.