Your Favorite Mandoline?

I have two Mandolines. My favorite is broken in three different places and I need to replace it. It is a KitchenAid with a fold out leg that I can find on Amazon and other similar sites. Although I like it and have had it for years, the blade guard snapped off so long ago that I forgot it had one until I looked to replace it, the fold out leg snapped off about 2 years ago, and the dial to set the thickness broke off about a month ago. Although I liked it a lot, It seems silly to buy the same one after having pieces breaking off every once in a while. I also have this cheap Benriner which works goof for small simple jobs but I use the mandoline a lot and this dones’ do it for the serious uses.

I once saw a great one in a commercial shop, but I think it was about $500, which is over the top and it took up to much space. Do you have a favorite mandoline I should look into?

I was recently gifted a Borner V-1001 which is about $50. Perfect for the amount I actually use one. I just sliced a home grown tomato to put on a pizza the other night and it looked like a neatly stacked deck of cards when I was done – very impressive.

My big complaint is that it can’t cut waffle fries so I do need to spend another $20 for that slicer.

david grisman

I have a matfer mandoline. gets the job done and has for about 20 years

Dawg, without a doubt. Great cover of As Tears Go By at the end. Ripped and trimmed the audio from the clip for Spotify.

Some good info in here: