Food Mashups . . .

mash-up (noun)
Something created by combining elements from two or more sources
I couldn’t decide what to eat for breakfast this morning so I stared at the refrigerator and eventually decided to mix a few things together. I went with Melitzanosalata with ultra low moisture yogurt that I had made two days before, added a chopped hard boiled egg, and then threw in some fresh chopped cilantro. A quick taste indicated a need for more salt, and that was it.

Do you have any favorite food mashups?

Shawarma tostada…

Fry up some corn tortillas, spread hummus or mutabbal, and top with shawarma and tabbouleh.

We mix crookneck squash from our garden with Butter, Salt and Pepper from our kitchen, nuke in a glass container for 7 minutes and then mashup with our potato masher.

Does that count?

I mashup bananas and peanut butter and spread on bread. Makes a tasty sandwich.

leftover pizza for breakfast with an egg (preferably soft) on top.

Had Trader Joe’s crisp bread, Velvet Peanut butter and a thin slice of raspberry pie and top. The Lord’s best peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Sounds good but my diabetes doctor would not approve.

1 Like

As a way to use up leftovers, we tend to do “breakfast burritos” on the weekend, which is scrambled eggs with whatever protein and veggies are floating around the fridge. Throw in some fresh cilantro and hotsauce and it’s quite delicious.

This is exactly what we do.

Once while staying with a friend, we had Thai food for dinner. The next morning I made us a Thai-tatta. A Fritatta with the Thai food. Fritattas are good for leftovers.

Not sure if this qualifies, but I use lots of leftover meats in things like quesadillas. today was a smoked brisket quesadilla that killed.

We have done the same. Agreed.

Ha…funny. Like several above, we’re frequent “burrito” and fritatta mashers that always include leftovers. Very versatile and nearly always quite tasty. I also have been known to do a version of fried rice that includes leftovers…most often protein or vegetables.

We’ve done the same on pizza dough.

I think this is irrefutable. Take any leftover, pan fry it, then add an egg (either directly, or a fried egg to place on top). If still not quite right, add hot sauce.

Truth.

Bacon doesn’t hurt either.

Last night I picked up some Chinese food . The soup I ordered was a combination of Wonton , Egg Drop , and Hot & Sour . Next time I will just mix up the last 2: wonton soup just watered it down.

Sounds early for Christmas and a movie. Well, maybe, not this year…

[scratch.gif]

Maybe slow times at the noodle shop, and Victor is trying his hand at writing fortunes. :wink: