The world’s greatest rye bread has been discontinued.

Whole Foods used to stock an amazing rye loaf. It was actually quite compact, rolled in seeds, with an absolutely intense rye flavor, with shards of other stuff when you bit into the seeds. We bought them frozen four at a time, and heated them up for 25 minutes.

They have been discontinued. No mas. It came from Tribeca oven, and I cannot reach them, they won’t answer e mails or phone calls. It is still on the web site, so not sure what is going on. But I need to find an alternative if I can. Any suggestions? And if anyone goes to the bakery, can they ask please ?

I like the Rockland Bakery onion rye a lot (not as big a fan of their seeded rye). Haven’t been there since lockdown though, I assume they closed the back room.

For grocery store rye bread Paramount Bakeries Russian Rye Bread w/Black Caraway is pretty good.

I cannot assist, but if doesn’t have rye seeds it ain’t rye bread . Hope you find something good.

I’m guessing you mean caraway seeds?

Personally, I hold that onion rye is just as valid an expression as seeded rye.

That must be a local issue. My Whole Foods makes a less refined “Prussian” rye in their bakery, good but not like the seeded corn rye I occasionally desire.

I am quite fond of Whole Foods “Old World” Rye … that’s not discontinued is it? I will cry …

Slightly warm, thick slice, super good butter … nothing more needed

Try tomorrow ?