Jennair range top?

After twenty years our range top finally gave up, the company is out of business, and there are no spare parts. It will take several weeks to get the exact model we want, however our local appliance has a six burner floor model Jennair that is being repacked that he can deliver tomorrow at half price.

Sounds perfect, but not familiar with Jennair. Is anyone here.?

I’m not but I checked the gardenweb forums and found this thread:

It’s from 12 years ago but the general response was “friends don’t let friends buy Jennair”

Maybe they’ve gotten better since then?

I have had a JennAir dual-fuel range/cooktop for about 10 years now and wish I had a friend who didn’t let me buy it.
Would never buy again.

I have a Jennair Gas stove/cooktop that is just not good. We have replaced many components multiple times. It’s mostly functional but sucks. What’s worse is that it is a downdraft fan and where it is located we can’t easily install a hood, so the replacement stove that is being installed on Tues is, you guessed it, also a Jennair. They make the only downdraft one evidently. And because it is replacing all gas with dual fuel, I need a new 220V line run for it.

On the upside, we cook some pretty good food in and on it.

FWIW, it’s worth we’re buying kitchen appliances and as we were told 7 years ago by both dealers and contractors, for overall quality and reliability (very important to me) , Kitchenaid is the recommended choice. While we got some discounts over Labor Day, manufacturers generally control the pricing.

My parents’ previous cooktop was a black glass Jennair. The pilot lights went out and the glass was a pain to clean. They switched to a stainless GE and my dad loves it, though I find it weak. I swear my electric Kenmore range heats up faster.

We have a 20+ year old JennAir gas cooktop that’s performed well over the years. It’s an odd size so we’ve done what we can to keep it alive, and that hasn’t been too painful so far.

Note that both JennAir and KitchenAid (along with Kenmore and many others) are now Whirlpool brands, sharing technology and apparently the same factory.

I’m very hopeful my next Jennair is better than the last. Since I have no choice.

Thank you all. We ended up having to buy, as any alternative was going to arrive at the beginning of November. Too long. I found plenty of ways to justify it.

We made the guarantees as iron clad as possible, and the price was less than half $1500, etc etc.

Want my carry-out menus, as back-up? neener

We ended up buying an aftermarket warranty/service contract a couple of times because that was cheaper than paying for a repair. Once again fingers crossed for us both.

Victor, i love you dearly but your best noodle slinging days are long gone.

Several years ago, we went with Wolf and we have been happy we did.

Wolf sells cooktops?

Had a Jennair range top with downdraft (Electric version) when we lived in NJ and it was serviceable.

Strong recommendation against Dacor. Built in to the home we bought in the Willamette Valley; looking forward to changing but hasn’t made the top of the priority list yet.

I will add that we were told 8 weeks for delivery in our area-Rehoboth Beach DE but a dealer in the DC area told me the same thing. The day we bought the appliances, the salesperson’s phone rang continuously for the hour we were there. In fact, we have to integrate COVID delays into all our remodelling needs. Crazy times.

I just went through that with our garage freezer. Best I could find that would meet our needs would mean an arrival in mid-December. Hopefully, not guaranteed. Fortunately, I was able to fix the broken one myself, but waiting until December would have been hugely problematic on many fronts.

I had no idea there were such significant appliance delays due to COVID before I suddenly had an acute need. Fingers crossed that nothing else pops up until this mess is better controlled.

The run on freezers was definitely a function of COVID. Apparently it was hard for manufacturers to change at the factory to accommodate the run on freezers. When they did, other appliances had increased waiting times.
It took us five months to get one; two months later than promised.

BTW, we like our GE 21 cubic feet. In fact, we were just about to start cooking some serous meals to freeze when the range went.

We’re just starting a kitchen remodel project, and I am dreading the appliance delays. But at least we aren’t on any specific deadline…