RIP: Pierre Troisgros

nouvelle cuisine and many other advances, passed Sep 23, 92 years old, the restaurant with 3 Michelin stars for 52 years. Had the best two meals of my life there.

and a lovely French tribute: Loire. Mort du chef trois étoiles, Pierre Troisgros, "un pilier de la grande cuisine française"

If anyone has not seen the Chef’s Table France about Michel — Pierre’s son — it is magnificent. Made me want to hop on a plane. Pierre also makes some appearances.

I had watched it two day’s before Pierre’s passing. Wonderful episode. Loved that the family occupied/lived half the rooms in the inn. The whole story is so wonderfully European.

Passing of a legend.

My greatest meal was also at Troisgros. Michel was chef but Pierre made an appearance at our table.

I regret never eating there … I so remember the amazement as he shook up our whole understanding of food.

Josiah Citrin is doing a commemorative take away meal this weekend in his honor.

https://www.exploretock.com/melisse/experience/143452/melisse-x-citrin-takeaway-troisgros?date=2020-10-01&size=1&time=19%3A00

He charmed by wife, as did Michel. Salmon with sorrel sauce is her favorite dish. Once, Michel showed her in the kitchen how to make it.