Best DC or mail order source for a turkey?

I need a small fresh bird for three of us for thanksgiving. From where should I order it?

We’ve used Organic Butcher of McLean for several years and have loved the birds. It’s a great all around meat shop.

If I recall they have an organic turkey and a heritage turkey that’s somewhat more expensive. We’ve always done the organic bird and been quite happy. May try the heritage this year and see if worth the tariff.

If you sign up for their email list they will send out an order form around early November.

Thanks

you could try the d’Artagnan Green Circle turkey. I haven’t had it but their Green Circle chickens are really good.

Couple of choices come to mind:

The Whole Ox in Marhsall, VA. - TWOX sells a variety of organic turkeys, ranging from heritage breeds to organically raised/ fed farmer’s crosses.

Fields of Athenry Farm - Middleburg, VA.

Whiffletree Farm - Warrenton VA.

The latter two likely deliver.

Do you have a local good butcher shop ? I would talk to them over the next few weeks .

I will be talking to stachowski’s. And also consider d’artagnan (can reload quail for the freezer).

You can check with Arrowine in Arlington. If memory serves, I believe they either get d’Artagnan or another good source every year. Along with other assorted goodies for Thanksgiving and the holidays.