Holiday Gift Food Delivery Ideas

Hi all- My wife and I decided to forego trying to buy our parents (late 70s-80s) gifts for xmas and decided to do food gifts. This has turned out to be more difficult than I imagined. So I am Looking for suggestions for holiday food delivery boxes/baskets for older people who are still active and somewhat into food (omnivores). However, not on a level where I would send truffles, Flannery, Holy Grail, etc. And that’s not a money thing, but rather what they’d like. And I’m not doing Goldbelly.

I was hoping for a mix of steaks and seafood, but maybe also desserts. I don’t want to do products that have been around forever in Skymiles magazine like Omaha or Allen Bros. I’d rather something unique or boutique, interesting and good. I considered Butcher Box, but they don’t quite scratch the itch for me.

Any ideas? Thanks.

For chocolates and macarons hard to go wrong with La Maison du Chocolat - Online chocolate shop, buy french chocolates online

The matcha chocolate covered almonds from Royce are a favorite with everyone I’ve opened them for.

Katz’s pastrami is an option on the savory side (just don’t order one of their packs of miscellaneous food, the pastrami, mustard, bread and pickles are the way to go).

Foie gras in various forms from Hudson Valley Foie Gras.

As assortment of cheeses from Murrays.

Thanks, Jay! Katz’s is a good one. And the chocolates, too. A good start. Thanks.

There’s another recent thread with food gift ideas - you might want to take a look there too.

Thanks. Totally missed that thread this weekend.

Not precisely what you’re asking for, but Panettone from Roy (Panettone From Roy From Roy) is phenomenal. It’s definitely “unique or boutique”: Roy Shvartzapel worked under Keller, Pierre Herme, and others, founded Houston’s best bakery (which has gone downhill since he left), and now has devoted himself to the obsessive pursuit of making the world’s best panettone. And it’s damn good.