ORANGE CAKE for Xmas

Here comes the traditional Xmas cake at Casa Zwick.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/content/?p=2171

CIMG0979.jpg

4 Likes

This sounds so good!

Citrus cakes are the best!

1 Like

I make a similar recipe, but it uses olive oil instead of butter. It’s super easy. I’ve used mandarins the last couple of times I made it, and it has a really nice flavor.
It’s an excuse to make a cake when you find some old oranges/tangerines/mandarins in the fridge.

1 Like

I may need to start baking again … these both sound so tasty

A local place we’ve liked for years has occasionally served something like this with small pieces of pink grapefruit segments, and I thought the grapefruit, orange, and cream complemented each other in addition to it adding some visual appeal.

I’m giving it a try tonight. couldn’t find any white sesame seeds so I used black.

YUM!
Did you try it yet?

It’s funny because I made a Lemon Olive Oil cake today from a new recipe book that was gifted to me over the holidays. It’s called Snacking Cakes. I love the book because the recipes are all so simple, and you don’t even need an electric mixer. Snacking Cakes Book — Apt. 2B Baking Co.
I improvised a bit on the topping and ended up with a tart lemony, strawberry olive oil glaze. It’s pretty good!

That was a very good cake! Especially for the minimal prep work involved.

Though as it turned out there was a bit more prep work than anticipated as it involved going to Bed Bath & Beyond to replace my broken hand mixer, discovering that they didn’t have any in stock, going to Macy’s, discovering they didn’t have any in stock, going to BJ’s, discovering they didn’t have any in stock, and finally just using the whisk attachment on my immersion blender. And ordering a new mixer on line.

Well it sounds like you would have had an easier time making the cake that I made today. I think I’m more of a fan of the Zingerman’s recipe, though. Sorry about the mixer, but glad that you enjoyed the cake!