Tea Puzzle

Looking for help solving a small puzzle. My wife likes herbal teas and we have just got two by the same maker. They are similar, mainly ginger and lemon, but my wife likes one but not the other, saying it has a funny smell. ‘

A’ contains organic ginger root, lemon peel and lemon pieces. ‘B’ has organic ginger, lemon peel, turmeric, lemongrass, liquorice root, orange peel. The odd thing is that it is B that she likes and A is the one with the odd smell. But B is the one with additional ingredients compared to A. (This has been confirmed over two brews, the second one tasted side by side semi blind). And l yes she likes ginger and actually drinks ginger juice.

First world problems, I know but any idea what the cause might be? One possible clue is that it looks like A contains chunks of unpeeled ginger root, the second appears to be peeled ginger (and cut finer).

I wonder if the lemon pieces, as opposed to lemon peel, have some of the bitter white between the pee and the fruit? That is all I can think of other than the ginger root hypothesis.

she should drink B and not drink A.

2 Likes

There can be variations in ingredients even from the same tea maker, and maybe that’s what your wife’s tasting.

At what temp are they brewed?

Licorice is very strong and may be masking the offensive smell in the first dample.
The first one has lemon pieces, these may contain the pith and or seeds.
Or more subversively, something else snuck into sample 1.

Good question. Both would have been the same, around 95-98. I will check the l packet for what they recommend, I should have done that before.

Cat pee or dog piss?

Lol. Did not notice that typo. But I was actually thinking of turtle pee.

There is a pithier way of describing that part of the lemon.

2 Likes

[worship.gif] Well played.